We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

loved Jerome

Which Jerome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
minneesota
reviews: 23
loved Jerome

I loved Jerome!! If you have any time it's worth a visit. It's a funky little place well worth your time. We had breakfast at Bobby D's, I think that was the name. Good food, well cooked, good price, great views. Lots of characters in Jerome.

29 replies to this topic
Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
reviews: 27
1. Re: loved Jerome

gophergirl, did you stay overnight or just do a day visit? If over night, where did you stay? It really is a unique little town, full of history and character, thanks for sharing.

Henderson, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
reviews: 57
2. Re: loved Jerome

Glad you enjoyed it and returned to tell the community. Please share details!

U.S.A.
reviews: 24
3. Re: loved Jerome

I cannot go to Arizona without stopping in Jerome! There's just something there that I love ... our first time (in 1976), we were just driving through (from Oak Creek Canyon to Prescott) and I laughed all the way (" Knott's Berry Farm meets Mr. Toad's Wild Ride"). Hubby, who was driving, asked if I needed him to turn around and do it again! Those were our camping days, and we were on our way to....Lynx Lake?.....but now we always spend a few days at the Surgeon's house...with a meal at The Asylum and another at Grapes........and who knows what else.... and later I came to adore the Douglas Mansion with the display showing the mine tunnels under the ground. Is that display still there? It REALLY chilled me to see how far underground the miners went.....

Barb in so cal (going back in August)

Wickenburg, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Wickenburg
reviews: 522
4. Re: loved Jerome

It's an amazing place indeed. Each time I pass through I stop as well, even if it's just for an hour or so. It's really as if some bubble of the past had stubbornly attached itself to the present like a burr and you got glimpses of the old times through some kind of wavering time warp - just takes a little imagination to 'see' the past alive there.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
reviews: 27
5. Re: loved Jerome

Beautifully worded Esty...perfect description of the character of that town!

minneesota
reviews: 23
6. Re: loved Jerome

Because I was not sure of what we'd find we did not stay overnight, it was more of a quick stop on our way to the Canyon Verde train. I'll certainly made it an overnight the next time. I actually liked Jerome better than Sedona. Sure it doesn't have the pretty red rocks but it does have charm and lots of character. Etsy, you are sure right, you can close your eyes and just imagine what it must have been like in the old days.

Wickenburg, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Wickenburg
7. Re: loved Jerome

Thanks, AZFan.

Henderson, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
reviews: 57
8. Re: loved Jerome

Because you loved Jerome, if you have more time on your next AZ visit, you might also enjoy Bisbee and Wickenburg.

Wickenburg, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Wickenburg
9. Re: loved Jerome

True, true. We here in Wickenburg have some of those time pockets as well where you get good glimpses of the days of yore, or ore ... preserved for an admiring posterity like dinosaur bones ...

Evanston, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Page, Grand Canyon National Park
reviews: 82
10. Re: loved Jerome

Speaking of "time pockets" don't forget old Route 66, Seligman, Hackberry, Valentine, the Grand Canyon Caverns, etc. http://youtu.be/R69vJtmpdrU (forward to 1:04 mark) Still retains that kitschy character from the "heyday" of the Mother Road.

Reply to: loved Jerome
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jerome
Recent Conversations