We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easy hiking/walking from Sheraton Wild Horse Pass?

Which Chandler hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
reviews: 230
Easy hiking/walking from Sheraton Wild Horse Pass?

We are thinking of spending our arrival night at the Sheraton in early November. I know they have a 2.5 mile trail; we'll probably do that the first day. After checkout, before we go to the next hotel, what would you suggest for some easy/level hiking around there? Thanks.

2 replies to this topic
Washington DC...
reviews: 230
1. Re: Easy hiking/walking from Sheraton Wild Horse Pass?

Following up on this, can we easily get to what we used to think of as the "48th street" entrance to South Mountain Park from the Sheraton? We've hiked there before and it has several nice trails. One worry is my medications in the car, but if it's close enough we could swing back to the hotel before moving on to the conference hotel in Scottdale.

Directions to the park entrance welcomed--last time we drove around for quite a while...the area had built up and we got lost! Thanks,

Paris, France
2. Re: Easy hiking/walking from Sheraton Wild Horse Pass?

If you would like to walk from the hotel you could use maps.google.com satellite view to see what's in your area. I entered "phoenix Sheraton Wild Horse Pass" in the search box and zoomed in and it looks like a desert wash runs through the golf course and on to the west. It may not look very exciting from the satellite view but desert washes usually have a lot of interesting animals and plants to see.

If you want to see trails for Phoenix parks like South Mountain google that. There is a web site with info on every park including trails and trailheads.

Reply to: Easy hiking/walking from Sheraton Wild Horse Pass?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted