We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip for Teen Birthday

Which Chandler hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Prescott, Arizona
reviews: 6
Trip for Teen Birthday

My daughter is turning 16 November 30th and we want to take her to Chandler to celebrate. We are from Prescott and our Barnes and Noble closed. She was so disappointed, thus the trip to Chandler. What else would be fun for a teen girl to do. What about the weather? Indoor pool? She is not into hiking etc. Hotel suggestions? Restaurants? I saw Benihanas. I think it would be fun but being a little on the shy side I don't know how she would feel about eating with stranger. LOL Thanks!

8 replies to this topic
Scottsdale, Arizona
reviews: 44
1. Re: Trip for Teen Birthday

I wouldn't be concerned about he weather as it should be great, 75 in the day and about 50 at night.

If it's Barnes and Noble you are after, you have more than Chandler to choose from. (North Phoenix, Desert Ridge, west valley, east valley etc.)

If Chandler is the destination, then resorts nearby would include:

The San Marcos

The Sheraton Wild Horse Pass

The Arizona Grand Resort (further north and not quite in Chandler)

These would all have restaurants, pool scene (not so much on cooler days) and some activities for a 16 year old as you would see at various resorts around the valley. The San Marcos is located in Downtown Chandler, which has been rebuilt in the past few years with new restaurants and shops.

Basic Hotels would be centered around the I-10, Rt 101 & Downtown Chandler/Arizona Avenue and you will see all the major chains represented. These will offer better value but less in terms of things to do.

When you are in the south valley, you are not far from ASU's main campus in Tempe. Tempe is a lively little town with lots of restaurants and shops on Mill Avenue, which may appeal to a 16 year old.

Also, there are some "extreme" go kart racing locations near the airport. These offer a much faster experience than the normal go karts and they have indoor tracks, (K1 Speed and Octane Raceway)

Hope this helps.

Tempe, AZ
reviews: 4
2. Re: Trip for Teen Birthday

I wouldn't recommend staying in Chandler, it's just a suburb. Why not try Tempe or Scottsdale? Like the posted above said we have several Barnes and Noble stores here.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
reviews: 26
3. Re: Trip for Teen Birthday

Perhaps a high tea at one of the local hotels - the Ritz and Biltmore both offer elegant services. Maybe get manicure/pedicures together or go to a day spa for facials?

Prescott, Arizona
4. Re: Trip for Teen Birthday

Thank you so much. It did help.

I will check into the resorts you mentioned.

Prescott, Arizona
5. Re: Trip for Teen Birthday

Tempe or Scottdale huh?

I will check into those locations.

Thanks!

Prescott, Arizona
6. Re: Trip for Teen Birthday

That sounds fun. Thanks for the suggestions!

7. Re: Trip for Teen Birthday

Mexico

8. Re: Trip for Teen Birthday

Mexico

Reply to: Trip for Teen Birthday
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted