We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip to Phoenix area

Which Chandler hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ohio
reviews: 23
trip to Phoenix area

WE are making a 10 day leisure trip to the phoenix area and have been told by friends to consider staying in chandler. Newer area, good shopping, easy access to other areas???? do not mind driving to get to other places.

Want to stay at a nice suite or resort with pool, fitness, restaurant, possibly breakfast, and clean of course. Will have a car and venture out from there. Would you recommend some places and also day trips in the area to see. May do some golfing and would like to know of some courses and will need to probably rent clubs . Any input will be appreciated. traveling mid nov. Also what will the weather be like then. Thanks a bunch

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
reviews: 97
1. Re: trip to Phoenix area

Chandler would be my 7th or 8th choice of an area to stay in in the Phoenix area. Especially if you're coming to the region as a tourist to see the sites and have no reason to stay in the Chandler area, there's really no reason to be down there since there's nothing of interest in Chandler.

I'd look at the Downtown/Old Town Scottsdale area first, then central Tempe, then Downtown Phoenix. If you really insist on staying in Chandler, look at the Chandler Fashion Square area near Loop 101 and Chandler Blvd.

ohio
reviews: 23
2. Re: trip to Phoenix area

Thanks that is what I am looking for is advice. never been to any areas so getting lots of ideas. I started with Old scottsdale so what would you recommend as far as open relaxing resort, do not want high rise hotel, like open spaces. Would like to be able to walk to shops or dining. Can drive to golf and to site see. Any input on sites to see, may golf several days and need to rent clubs. Thanks for your help.

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
reviews: 166
3. Re: trip to Phoenix area

We aren't really golfers, but if you are looking for a relaxing resort in Old Town Scottsdale within walking distance of shops and restaurants, you should consider the Valley Ho resort

hotelvalleyho.com/scottsdalehotels/…

Sightseeing in the area should include the Heard Museum on Central Avenue, Desert Botanical Garden, Taliesin Resort, Musical Instrument Museum, Rosson House, Phoenix Museum of History, Phoenix Museum of Art, drive Apache Trail, etc. So much to do here!

4. Re: trip to Phoenix area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, April 08, 2011