Hello all, thank you in advance for your comments and suggestions.
I am a female aged 28 based in Melbourne, Australia. I will be travelling to USA in July/August 2011 with my mother (58 y.o), her sister (59 y.o) and my cousin (female aged 29). We have family living in Chandler, AZ (aunt 53 y.o; female cousin 18 y.o; male cousin 15 y.o; uncle 60 y.o).
I realise that there will not be sufficient space for our luggage in both cars (I’m guessing they are sedans, but I’ll confirm this).
From LA, only 4 of us will fly to San Francisco, leaving behind the other 4 (from AZ).
We plan to spend 1 day in Sedona, Flagstaff and Grand Canyon with 1 overnight in Grand Canyon before we drive to Las Vegas the next day. We will spend 4 days in Las Vegas. Then drive to LA and spend 5 days there. (Total 10 days).
(1) Would you recommend we hire a minivan, caravan or similar for this roadtrip?
(2) Would it be more practical, cost-effective and no bar to safety?
(3) If so, can we please have some recommendations of minivan hire companies and an approximate cost per day of hiring?
(4) Is the above plan too ambitious?
(5) Any other recommendations/ comments?
Thanks again!! :)