We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best day tour to Grand Canyon from Chandler/Phoenix

Which Chandler hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boston
reviews: 17
Best day tour to Grand Canyon from Chandler/Phoenix

Visiting Phoenix in mid September and staying in Chandler. Can anyone tell me which company is best for a day tour to the Grand Canyon South Rim?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 119
1. Re: Best day tour to Grand Canyon from Chandler/Phoenix

Choose one that uses a smaller van or minibus, not a full size coach.

Try Pink Jeep, Silver Spur, Grand Adventures, Redstone...

It's a long day. Why not drive yourself and stay over night?

boston
reviews: 17
2. Re: Best day tour to Grand Canyon from Chandler/Phoenix

We are only in Phoenix for 5 nights and want to do as much as possible in such a small amount of time so we are trying to find a tour which goes from Phoenix area (staying in Chandler) to Grand Canyon via Sedona so we can see both in one day. I understand it will be a whole day leaving very early and coming back probably around 7 or 8 at nite but at least we will leave the driving to someone else after a long day. How far is Chandler from Phoenix, hotel says 11 miles? Any suggestions of what not to miss in Phoenix or Chandler area? Also a friend went a couple of years ago on a day excursion that she loved and can't remember the name. They went floating down a river with life preservers through a beautiful national park with cacti and you could get in and out of the river to picnic.

Thank you for your help

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
reviews: 13
3. Re: Best day tour to Grand Canyon from Chandler/Phoenix

It's really not feasible to do both Sedona and the Grand Canyon in one day. If you try, you'll simply be zipping through them both. The only thing you might do is take the detour off I-17 through Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon, and back to I-17, but that's just getting a glimpse of Sedona. The Grand Canyon deserves as much time as possible; I would advise simply getting there as quickly as you can. It really isn't a difficult drive to the Canyon; you'd save a lot of money and be able to go off on your own if you drive yourself. The best thing, honestly, would be to stay overnight, see the sunset and sunrise (both of which are highly recommended) and you can leave early after sunrise to head back to Phoenix.

Each city has a 'Things to Do' link on the left side of the page; peruse those for lots of ideas on activities. There is also a 'Top Questions' link in the upper right corner.

4. Re: Best day tour to Grand Canyon from Chandler/Phoenix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 21, 2011