We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December in Marsa Alam

Which Marsa Alam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham
reviews: 17
December in Marsa Alam

Hello all, Just got back from Coraya Beach a week ago - can't fault it. In fact we are looking to go back again before the year end. Over the years we have been to Marsa Alam in April, May, August and September but never the winter months and this is the reason I am asking my question...

Does anybody have any experience of the weather in Marsa Alam in mid/late December - day time and night time temperatures + what is it like for swimming / snorkeling?

Appreciate it f anybody could let me know.

Thanks

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
reviews: 15
1. Re: December in Marsa Alam

I have been in Late Jan a few years ago

temp was early 20's during the day but if the wind blew it felt colder, in the evenings you needed a light weight cardi.

Water temp was late teens to early 20c so would suggest that for snorkelling and swimming you will need some form of protection.

www.holiday-weather.com/marsa_alam/averages/

Nottingham
2. Re: December in Marsa Alam

Thanks

berkshire
reviews: 5
3. Re: December in Marsa Alam

I've been to Egypt in mid nov, day temps were 25-27 but noticeably colder in the evenings. I prob wouldn't go that late again as I love the heat. But hey it's always gonna be warmer than England. Enjoy

Nottingham
4. Re: December in Marsa Alam

Thanks Rachbbb, we were there in April then again in September - like you we love the sunshine. This is the first year we have not got a full house at Christmas and so we were thinking of trying a weeks rest in semi-warm weather. Thinks we will go for it.

5. Re: December in Marsa Alam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 17, 2014