We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entry visas

Which Marsa Alam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Angouleme, France
reviews: 3
Entry visas

I have just returned from a Nile cruise. The company we went with organised all our visas and they were all ready to stick in our passports when we arrived. We later handed them our passports for a few hours, whilst they photocopied them and we paid a few days later. It was wonderfully easy, with no queues...we sailed through immigration.

I've now booked to go to Marsa Alam in a few days, but with a French tour (Thomas Cook.fr) - since we live in France. Entry requirements for EU citizens appear to require two passport sized photos (which we didn't need in Luxor) and a photocopy of one's passport/ID card, all of which info comes in the French package. The cost of the visa is also included in the package.

I'm quite happy to acquire two photos and a photocopy of my passport, just in case...but does anyone know if the visas issued are the same for UK and EU citizens...or should I attempt to make contact with the tour rep to let him/her know that one of the party is a UK citizen?

I'm travelling alone for the first time (very apprehensive) and our flight gets in very late, so I'd hate to keep everyone else on the tour dangling in the airport whilst my visa problems are sorted out...

Luxembourg
reviews: 30
1. Re: Entry visas

Citizens of certain EU countries like France, Belgium, Germany etc. can enter Egypt without passport . All they need is a valid national ID card and 1 photo, upon arrival they will be handed a yellow Immigration Card, the Visa and photo are attached to this card.

This a typical EU ID card http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cin.jpg

This is the yellow immigration card dein-fotoalbum.de/alben/16421/16421_5249.jpg

If you are UK citizens and have a valid passport then this does not apply to you. The Visa remains the same.

Angouleme, France
reviews: 3
2. Re: Entry visas

Thank you, Hiker. That solves my problem. :)

leics
3. Re: Entry visas

Travelling on a UK issue-European passport (needs to be valid for 6 months) all you need to do is hand over a tenner (or equivalent in $ or Eu) at the bank in the arrivals hall in Marsa airport. No photo is required.

4. Re: Entry visas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 27, 2014