We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tulip Hotel Lagoon?

Which Marsa Alam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bordon, United...
reviews: 68
Tulip Hotel Lagoon?

On satelite views of the Tulip there appears to be a large, shallow lagoon between the beach and the outer reef. Is this so?

I am considering the Tulip but I am a weak swimmer and not confident in deep water. Is this lagoon type area deep enough to swim in? Or much deeper than it appears? Are there many fish to be seen there?

reviews: 3
1. Re: Tulip Hotel Lagoon?

The answer to your question is in a thread (snorkeling at Tulip) 3 or 4 further down this page!

Bordon, United...
2. Re: Tulip Hotel Lagoon?

Thank you for that Daz, but that thread seems to be about deep-water snorkelling off the reef edge which is much too scary for me!

I want to know if the shallow lagoon-like area between the reef drop-off and the beach is deep enough to swim in and suitable for a poor swimmer like me to have a splash about in.

reviews: 3
3. Re: Tulip Hotel Lagoon?

As far as I could see when diving there the other day (from a boat) the reef goes out from the beach at a fairly constant depth of only a foot or two. Then it drops immediately at the edge of the reef to approx. 6-8m. Hence the need for the jetty access.

If you want a regular, sloping, sandy beach, you'd be best looking at the Hilton or the other hotel in Abu Dabbab bay, whose name escapes me. Or just a few km north, you have the Concorde Moreen Hotel, which I believe has a narrow beach access area to the sea.

Bordon, United...
4. Re: Tulip Hotel Lagoon?

Thank you daz. Bit disappointing as i was looking at a great deal to Tulip.

5. Re: Tulip Hotel Lagoon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, January 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Marsa Alam