First of all words or pictures do no justice for how beautiful Bora Bora is. It has to be one of the most beautiful places in the world. I literally had the chills when the plane touched down in Bora Bora and only one other place does that to me LSU’s Tiger Stadium with 93,000 people in it. I have been to a few of the Hawaiian Islands and this place is so much more peaceful and laid back. We stayed at the Hilton NUI resort in an overwater bungalow. I highly recommend you do this if you travel all the way to Bora Bora. The Bungalow was amazing. We were in Bungalow 128 which was right by the main dock at the Hilton which kind of worried us at first but it turned out not to be too bad. The snorkeling around our area was amazing we saw all kind of tropical fish, stingrays, and even a shark. They have fish food you can buy at the resort. We did this and had hundreds of tropical fish around us in no time. The grounds of the resort are amazing and are very well maintained. The staff treats everyone there like they are the only ones staying on the resort. The walk to and from the bungalows is far but it is so beautiful and peaceful it is worth it. If you don’t feel like walking you can call the front desk for a ride and they will be there in no time to pick you up in a golf cart and take you wherever you would like to go. Remember you are on island time so be patient these are some of the most laid back people in the world. As far as staying at the Hilton I have no complaints. We had a meal package which included breakfast and dinner. This was really nice the breakfast was an all you can eat buffet and dinner you had three restaurants to choose from at the resort. I have heard people complain about the prices of the food there but you have to remember you are on an island and things will be more expensive. For lunch everyday my wife and I would just split something at the grill and that was plenty for us. I could keep going on and on about everything there if you have any questions just respond to this post and I will try to get back to you asap.
Few helpful tips:
1. Exchange some money in Tahiti airport you will get a better exchange rate
2. When flying from Tahiti to Bora Bora try to sit on the left side of the plane much better view.
3. I drink whiskey so I vacuumed sealed 2 bottles of Crown and packed it in my checked luggage and this worked out very nicely and saved lots of money.
4. Go to Chin Li’s grocery store on the Main Island and get snacks, drinks, wine, and beer….much cheaper than the resort. Every bungalow has ice machine really close to it to ice everything down. Pack a soft bag ice chest come in handy
5. Bring a IPod and docking station really nice to listen to music while laying out on the deck of your bungalow.
6. Go try Bloody Mary’s on the main island for dinner.
7. Book at least one excursion away from the resort so you can get the feel of the whole island.