We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food prices

Which Bora Bora hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
reviews: 65
Food prices

Hi,

I am looking at going to Bora Bora in March and I am looking at packages from Costco. I am struggling with whether to buy a package that includes food, or a package that is cheaper but does NOT include food.

Which package to buy really depends on food prices in Bora Bora. I know it's expensive everywhere, but the real question is, can me and my future wife eat dinner and breakfast for less than 100$/person per day?

Basically the difference in the price works out to 500 per person. Since one package includes no food, but he other includes breakfast and dinner for 5 days, it works out to 100 per person per day. What do you think?

25 replies to this topic
Las Vegas, NV
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Moorea
reviews: 5
1. Re: Food prices

It kinda depends where you stay as to how easy it is to get food outside the hotel. Quite often people opt for the breakfast package and do dinners on their own.

What hotel are your quotes for?

San Diego...
2. Re: Food prices

we've got quotes for le meridien, the hilton, the pearl, and IC Moana. the hilton doesn't include breakfast or dinner, but the others all have some combination of the two

3. Re: Food prices

If you stay at Le Moana it is located on Matira Point and within walking distance to restaurants, so you may opt for breakfast & room at the resort and eat out. We have found by staying at any resort for bf AND dinner can get pretty boring. You can experience the culture by venturing outside the resort. When we stayed at Le Moana, the dinner restaurant was always sparcely populated. But then if you are staying at any of the other resorts, take into account the cost of boat shuttles to the mainland if they are not complimentary, then staying at the resort and dining for $100 per day sounds good.

San Diego...
4. Re: Food prices

Thanks for the tip. I am really liking the Hilton based on the posts here. Le Moana was an option, my cousin stayed there and liked it. What was your opinion? How is the snorkeling at Le Moana?

California
5. Re: Food prices

We've stayed at both Le Moana and the Hilton Nui and we liked the Le Moana a lot better for the snorkeling. We took a kayak from the resort and went out to the coral gardens and it was AMAZING.

Also, at LM you can walk to restaurants and a small grocery store for food, drinks, and water. The Hilton is less convenient since you have to take a shuttle boat and then wait for transportation to and from the restaurant you want to eat at. And you have to pay for the shuttle during dinner hours.

San Diego...
6. Re: Food prices

hmm thanks for the post. This is a tough decision. I like the Hilton because it's closer to a natural deeper water reef,. I haven't read about the LM, so maybe I will have to read more on that hotel. I do like that no shuttle is required to get into town...

Twin Falls, Idaho
7. Re: Food prices

We are staying at Le Maitai in Bora Bora next january can anyone tell us about the food and prices if we do not get a food plan?

Twin Falls, Idaho
8. Re: Food prices

We are staying at the Le Maitai in Bora Bora next January.Can anyone tell us about the food options and prices if we do not take a meal plan?

San Luis Obispo
reviews: 25
9. Re: Food prices

$40 - $60 for lunch (2 people) & more for dinner. The Le Maitai is in a good location for going to other places to eat. Many fine local places all within easy walk distance

Oklahoma City...
reviews: 34
10. Re: Food prices

I would not buy a food plan other than breakfast. Most restaurants will pick you up at the hotel for free.

Reply to: Food prices
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted