We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best tours or excurisions in Bora Bora

Which Bora Bora hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
reviews: 22
Best tours or excurisions in Bora Bora

We've been to Bora Bora before (best place on earth -- even with tourists)......we're thinking about jet ski (2 hr.), the tour where you walk underwater with a helmet or perhaps horsebackriding.

Any suggestions about tour companies (and prices) in Bora Bora?

Thanx,

Travelcat2005

P.S. Staying at Club Med.

Temecula, California
reviews: 1
1. Re: Best tours or excurisions in Bora Bora

I would recommend Top Dive Tours. My wife and I have used them twice and they are great. I highly recommend the shark feeding excursion (bring your own snorkle gear). It cost us about $50 each and was well worth it. They take you out near the barrier reef and they toss fish to the black-tip reef sharks and sting-rays while you watch from behind a rope. The water is so shallow, you can actually stand and watch. After they are done feeding, they remove the rope and you can swim with the sharks if you like. Then they take you to another reef for more snorkling. We have done this tour twice. Everyone is a bit apprehensive at first, but everyone raves about it afterwards. The sharks seem harmless enough and are mostly interested in getting the fish that the guide feeds them. They have never had an incident which injured a guest....or so they say.

I haven't done the jet ski tour, but it's on my list of to-do's when we go back someday. Last year, the jet ski tour cost about $125 per person.

Have fun! DWD

S.F.
reviews: 12
2. Re: Best tours or excurisions in Bora Bora

I did a similar shark feeding tour in 85 exactly as you described. The school kids I work with hear that story among others, every year in a big 2 period presentation I do on the south pacific. it was very enjoyable but we didn't get to swim with the sharks, actually we had to get back in the boat when one shark circled behind us and the rope! I'll never forget my friend Captain Richard telling me, if you see a shark that looks like a Corvette, get out of the water!. It was a Blacktip that came around but still was a little hairy, seeing how much blood was in the water from the feeding frenzy. Great time! Pub