We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dalyan ???

Which Dalyan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wigan
reviews: 29
Dalyan ???

Thinking of a 2 centre holiday next year - 1st week in Olu Deniz (stayed in Ovacik this year) and 2nd week in Dalyan as we had it recommend to us by a couple on the plane going home....question is - how do you know where to go ? Had a look on the map and it looks quite widespread... is Dalyan in any brochures that would tell me more about it even though I am just going to book a flight and 2 separate hotels - would like it to be within easy reach of the sea even if its on a Dolmus but near to some nightlife and restaurants etc...any suggestions would be welcome re areas / hotels...thanks ...

London
reviews: 26
1. Re: Dalyan ???

Dalyan is inland from the sea, on a river delta. Many tour operators feature Dalyan in their brochures - just Google or perhaps looks at Anatolian Sky as they focus more on Turkey than anywhere else: www.anatoliansky.co.uk/holidays/Turkey/Dalyan

Lancashire
2. Re: Dalyan ???

Not really an answer to the question (sorry) but it was a bit weird reading this post as I was just thinking about doing this myself (but Ovacik and Dalyan).

I went to Ovacik last year and loved it but with so many good reports about Dalyan I've thought about splitting it up and getting the best of both worlds (just the small hassle of repacking/unpacking)!

London
reviews: 26
3. Re: Dalyan ???

I did a twin centre holiday a couple of years ago because I couldn't decide between two destinations - ended up doing one week in Dalyan followed by one week in Akyaka. It was a bit of a hassle packing up to change venues but did break the fortnight up and I'm glad I did it. I have returned to Dalyan once subsequently but would not choose to go back to Akyaka - without my twin centre holiday it would have taken me longer to learn this!

Lancashire
4. Re: Dalyan ???

Suadela - that's exactly where I'm at - we want to go back to Ovacik - but also want to see if Dalyan beats it!

london
reviews: 100
5. Re: Dalyan ???

I've been to both and Dalyan beats Ovacik no question at all. The question is for me, would I rather pay for a holiday in Dalyan or get a freebie in Ovacik? You bet, no competition but in fairness I did go to Ovacik two years in a row but very much regretted the 2nd trip.

There is just something about Dalyan........CGx

Cheshire
reviews: 41
6. Re: Dalyan ???

Check out Scousers google map ( top right of forum ) for places closer to the centre of town.

east sussex
reviews: 18
7. Re: Dalyan ???

i went to overcik twice last year and dalyan this year and although i liked overcik ILOVE DALYAN !!!!!! we are returning next september and cant wait.

Derby, United...
reviews: 6
8. Re: Dalyan ???

We have done this two place thing twice and it is a good idea if you are not sure. The first time we weren't sure about Kalkan, so we did a week in Kalkan followed by a week in Ovacik. This year we did a week in Adrasan followed by a week in Calis. We stayed in Calis last year, but it came as a bit of a shock this year after a peaceful week in Adrasan. A few years ago we made the mistake of going to Gumusluk for two weeks without knowing the area and we really didn't like it, will not return to the Bodrum area in a hurry. I'm sure you will like Dalyan, but if unsure stay in both.

wigan
reviews: 29
9. Re: Dalyan ???

we were actually staying in Ovacik and all inclusive but never stayed in the hotel - always got the Dolmus and went into Hisaronu or OD...as we prefered OD that is the reason we may do that and Dalyan .......to be fair didn't see much of Ovacik as we found it so reasonable in the towns - has Dalyan got good prices as well ?

Newcastle upon...
reviews: 137
10. Re: Dalyan ???

Hi Suemog,

Dalyan is such a lovely resort, I'm not surprised its been recommended to you!

You could easily spend 2 weeks in Dalyan alone as there is loads to see and do in the area (turtle beach, kaunos, mud baths, loads of boat trips, weekly market etc) plus there is a huge selection of restaurants to suit every budget, plenty of great bars (many with live music), coffee shops for people watching and some great boutique shops. The scenery around Dalyan is breathtaking and the locals are very friendly and welcoming - The whole place just has a really lovely laid back vibe and for us its the perfect balance...not too big and touristy but not too quiet and isolated, it sits somewhere in the middle!

There are no high rise buildings or big all inclusive hotels in Dalyan and not a macdonalds or burger king in sight plus its only 30 mins from the airport!

I liked Olu Deniz but its not a patch on Dalyan. I can understand why your thinking about a twin centre holiday but I bet its dalyan you go back to!

Sel

Get answers to your questions about Dalyan