We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dalyan Street Animals

Which Dalyan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Plymouth, UK
reviews: 79
Dalyan Street Animals

I have seen several questions regarding the street animals in Dalyan and I would just like to say that we have been coming to Dalyan for 8 years now and have never seen any really aggressive animal. The authorities are meant by law to provide water and food for the street animals but does not do so in case it offends tourists. This only aggravates the situation with hungry animals begging for food. If you are concerned about the plight of these animals you can help by putting down some dried food and water for them and if you wish to make a donation, whether it's cash, food, medication etc. make sure it gets to Colin or Mebrure who do such good work at the Dog Shelter against tremendous odds. If anyone is afraid of dogs or cats just avoid eye contact and carry a small water pistol.

Fife
reviews: 53
1. Re: Dalyan Street Animals

Dalyan, Turkey. The animal shelter is crying out for bedding (old sheets, towels, blankets) for the street cats and dogs. Hotels and apartments, it would appear, would rather bin their old stuff. Can you please e-mail the hotel/apartment you go to asking them to give to the shelter? It would earn them lots of respect from the vast majority of tourists. If you have room in your suitcase why not put in some old towels, or suchlike? These dogs/cats just want a little bit of comfort. If you can donate money towards spaying/neutering, then that would be great. I am going to donate a little via a Facebook contact.

Nottingham, United...
reviews: 17
2. Re: Dalyan Street Animals

Where is the shelter in Dalyan?

Fife
3. Re: Dalyan Street Animals

If you go into the link below there is a location map, which is not too great, but it does give the approximate siting of the Shelter. There is a shop in the square where the Saturday market's held where things can be dropped off. I received an e-mail from a like minded friend today and she said that the Saturday market traders have complained about the dogs being fed so the Mayor has now banned it. There's a lot more I could say but I won't. If you can spread the word.

www.dalyandogcentre.moonfruit.com/

Edinburgh
reviews: 2
4. Re: Dalyan Street Animals

They also have a Facebook page.

If you LIKE it however (and same goes for Kaptan June's page) you will get a message every day from them!!

Fife
5. Re: Dalyan Street Animals

Yes, I use the FB page and you do get updates quite regularly, but not nearly as often as some sites I've had to block, sadly. x

6. Re: Dalyan Street Animals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, January 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan