We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Asur review

Which Dalyan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 35
Hotel Asur review

Here is the hotel specific review which I will submit to the main site as well

Hotel Asur, Dalyan

We stayed at the Asur for two weeks in May 2010. Despite the fact that we arrived at the hotel at 3am, we were warmly welcomed by the night manager and the night security guard Ozzie who reassured us with his mantra, “Ozzie never sleeps, you are safe with Ozzie” every time we saw him during our stay.

The Asur is a friendly, well run, spotlessly clean, comfortable hotel, and we cannot praise highly enough the standards that are set by owner Habip, restaurant manager Tahir and barman Mustapha. All these key people together with the teams behind them ensure that the hotel guests have a comfortable and enjoyable stay. The hotel grounds are very well maintained and filled with colourful flowers, pomegranate trees and palms, plenty of reclining chairs and hammocks in the gardens, and the lovely jetty which is a very tranquil spot from which to sit and watch the comings and goings on the river.

The Asur’s rooms are quite unique, being octagonal in shape and having an ornately decorated wooden ceiling. The rooms are a little small but adequate, as is the bathroom which contains rather a confined shower.

Linen is changed very regularly and the hotel provides towels for use by the pool; these are freshly laundered and frequently replaced. The safe in the room is also free, as is use of the (rather old and rusty!) bikes, and all these little ‘extras’ add to the welcoming feel of the hotel.

Food and drink at the hotel is of a good standard. The variety of food on offer at breakfast should certainly provide something to please everyone – all the usual continental meats, cheeses etc, are available, as well as more English flavours such as cereal, scrambled eggs and so on. Omelettes and pancakes are prepared on request and you can choose practically any filling you wish for from ham/mushroom/tomato/cheese etc for the omelettes, or honey/lemon/sugar/jam on your pancakes. Drinks include juices, a variety of teas and coffees.

There were two ‘themed’ weekly evenings during our stay – one being a barbecue night down on the hotel jetty which was great fun. The amount of food available would satisfy the largest of appetites and the barbecued meats ranged from pork through lamb and steak and there was sea bass, trout, prawns etc for the fish lovers. Vegetarians were also catered for and there was a vast selection of mezes to enjoy.

The other evening was a lamb based meal, with the lamb being slowly oven braised with onions potatoes and various vegetables. Strictly for those who really like their lamb, I would say!

All the usual drinks are available at the pool bar day and night and the prices were not significantly higher than in town. Mustapha makes a delightful iced coffee that I never got round to trying but it looked wonderful!

The lunchtime menu is ‘international snack bar’ fare – omelettes, sandwiches etc but is all freshly prepared.

As I have mentioned above the cleanliness standards at this hotel are exceptional and one of my abiding memories will be of sitting at breakfast early in the morning and watching Habib’s housekeeping team come out mob (and mop) handed to tackle the pool area – every day they cleaned this with real attention to detail,, taking off all the sunbed cushions and wiping them down, hosing down all around the pool and even running a brush around inside the parasols to ensure that all was clean and tidy. Habip is a very visible owner and it really shows in the way the hotel is run.

We did not visit the apartments (although I had a massage there) but we heard good reports. Those staying in the apartments can use the facilities at the hotel – for example, they can have breakfast for, I believe 6TL per day.

The massage therapist turns up quite regularly looking for business, and I enjoyed my massage, but I think it was a little expensive for the location (worked out cheaper than UK but not by much). The Hamam and small spa (based at the apartments) is new this year and it will be interesting to see if the prices drop in future seasons.

Many will know that return visitors to the Asur run at a level of approximately 80% and I am really not surprised as there is very very little to criticise. The guests are predominantly from the uK and many recognise each other from previous visits, which enhances the friendly feel of the hotel.

Our only complaint would be of being woken by a profusion of vociferous sparrows every morning at dawn …. Perhaps they re not there all year round but they were nesting in the eaves of the rooms and certainly much in evidence. We coined a few polite (and some not so polite) collective nouns for them – a chatter of sparrows, a dispute of sparrows and a blasted racket of sparrows! But if that is all one has to complain about in a two week stay .....…. Oh yes, and the kingfishers which are apparently two a penny by the river maintained a determined absence during our visit - better luck next time!

Warrington
reviews: 1
11. Re: Hotel Asur review

BlackDouglas,

I've only been in July, so what September is like I don't know. However, we didn't experience huge problems. We we're bitten but not often. We just kept ourselves smothered in the various lotions. I did steer clear of the river late afternoon, early evening though.

Cheshire
reviews: 36
12. Re: Hotel Asur review

September is a great month to visit, still very warm and very pleasant at night. I never had to wear a cover up last year in the evenings. Also, didn't get one mozzie bite but I cover myself religiously from head to toe with sinkov at every opportunity. the only bite I did get was on the beach from one of thos d....... biting flies, right through my cozzie too, and boy did it sting for a while and itch like crazy. I'm sure you will be fine ifyou take necessary precautions.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 28
13. Re: Hotel Asur review

Yeah, I was there in September last year, but because we stayed away from the river we didnt encounter many mossies. I just wondered how much worse it would be staying "riverside".

Will go prepared anyways

Iain

bristol
14. Re: Hotel Asur review

I have heard that mossies are more of a problem here purely because the resort is riverside, but so long as you use a good repelant i realy don`t think they will be any more of a problem than anywhere else in turkey.

on a side note i have been following a this forum now fro a little while, and been telling family and friends about TA it now seems that my wife and i (oh sounds so posh) will be used as guinee pigs for this year as there could be up to 20 of us next year all at the same time (look out there are some weird ones on the wifes side) lol

If dalyan and asur are as good as they appear to be we mabe a regular feature around the pool evey august.

andy and mel

U.K
reviews: 6
15. Re: Hotel Asur review

Hi Andy ( and mel ! )

we are also staying for two weeks in August at the apartments , we have stayed at both the hotel and apartments in previous years, and I have to say I prefer the apartments, as although the hotel is lovely, the apartments have much more space , and they are very very similar . ( the hotel rooms are diddy ! )

Yes, the safe, towels and air con are all free at the aparments ( or they have been in previous years )

The apartments are immaculately clean, Im sure you will absolutely love your stay :)

One thing we do is pay to have breakfast at the hotel ( two minutes walk away ) , the breakfasts are fantastic, we love the omelattes and pancakes made fresh for you , and its all outside , its a lovely way to start the day :) its definately worth the money

One thing I havent done is stay in August, have always been in the May time, so Im assuming its going to be boiling !!

Have a fab time, and if you are going the same time as us ( beginning of August, we might see you there :)

bristol
16. Re: Hotel Asur review

Hi Rachx

We will be at the asur from the 16th to the 30th so we may well meet,

and yes it will be hot we always go the same two weeks every year and in approx 8 yrs we have had 2 small spells (less than an hour total) of rain,

Lush Bring on the sun and chill for 2 weeks we cannot wait.

P.S we have 2 friends that will be there the same weeks as ourselves with teir 15yo son so if your around make yourself known i think it`s great to meet other people who you converse with online.

Andy And Mel

Kent
reviews: 2
17. Re: Hotel Asur review

Did Cookie ever return to the Asur - or has anyone seen him in Dalyan?

U.K
reviews: 6
18. Re: Hotel Asur review

When we were there a couple of years back, he had met an english girl and was getting married and coming to live in the UK with her and her Daughter , I hope it worked out for him, Cookie was lovely :)

19. Re: Hotel Asur review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 19, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Dalyan
Recent Conversations