We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hi im a turkey virgin!!

Which Dalyan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bangor northern...
hi im a turkey virgin!!

my wife and i have never been to turkey. we've been to greece many times and would love to go to turkey. dalyan looks amazin. i have heard so many bad reports about turkey, mainly from people who were there 10 years ago and said they wouldnt go bk.so if anybody could give us some advice on daylan that would be great. my wifes a veggie, so fuusy about food. we always ate well in greece. sorry bout the headline..haha.many thanks in advance.

Manchester, United...
1. Re: hi im a turkey virgin!!

Hi there northernirish92,

Hubby and I were the same been to a few of the Greek islands, But last year we thought we would try Dalyan

and to our amazement we loved it so much we are going back this September for 2 weeks as we were only there for a week last July and it was just to hot to do as much walking as we like to do, There are loads of lovely eating places, And the people were so welcoming think it will be Turkey instead of Greece for a few years now, the scenery is so much more breathtaking.

Go you will enjoy.

Dawn

englanduk
reviews: 2
2. Re: hi im a turkey virgin!!

hi www.dalyanturkey.com is a world of info enjoy

englanduk
reviews: 2
3. Re: hi im a turkey virgin!!

hi also www.dalyanonline.net

Cheshire
reviews: 32
4. Re: hi im a turkey virgin!!

Great headline by the way!

More often than not the negative comments are probably from people who have never visited Turkey. It has stunning scenery, great food and the most friendliest and humerous people I have ever met. Dalyan is a special place and you'll get no negatives from me. Your wife shuold have no trouble with the food at all. Although Dalyan is not on a beach, it is along a river which tends to make for a nice breeze in the afternoons. We tend to go in May or September when the weather is still hot but not so hot that you can't be bothered to do anything. Lots of walking, lots of trips to be had with the various tour companies, something for everyone.

Norwich
reviews: 9
5. Re: hi im a turkey virgin!!

If you like Greek food you will like Turkish food. Its very similar but in my experience the standard of cooking and waiting is higher it Turkey than in Greece (don't tell any Greeks that though!)

bradford
reviews: 1
6. Re: hi im a turkey virgin!!

Yorkie 50's point about the reputation of Turkey is a very valid one. Until I decided to try it for the first time 3 years ago everyone I had spoken to who had actually been swore by the place and everyone who had not been said "horrible, primitve and dirty" Believe me the former is the reality.

On the basis that first impessions count for so much I am an Icmelerite but I loved Dalyan when I stayed there recently and it was interesting to see the reactions of other 1st timers on this Forum as they planned and worried. But just look back at their trip reports!

Just get it sorted!

7. Re: hi im a turkey virgin!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 22, 2010