We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel route from Goreme to Cirali

Which Cirali hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bundaberg, Australia
reviews: 4
Travel route from Goreme to Cirali

Hi and thanks in advance. We are travelling by car from Goreme in October to Cirali. I was looking at going Konya, Aksehir, Egirdir, Isparta, Korkuteli, Antalya, Cirali. Chose this route to see the Egirdir lake, however I know the route Seydisehir, Manavgat, Antalya, Cirali is shorter. We are driving in one day, so just wanting people's advice if the Egirdir Lake, and Saglassa between Burdur and Isparta is a must see. Also one other thing, do I have to drive through Antalya to get to Cirali, or is there a road that goes around the city - like a ring road. Any comments, advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 30
1. Re: Travel route from Goreme to Cirali

Hi!

Easiest id to drive over Konya, Seydisehir down to Manavgat.

It is about 500 kilometers to Antalya, a long way to go, so I am not sure if you have time for sightseeing!

Sagalassos is very nice, the location is simply stunning, but you will have to drive over Egirdir. If you take the Seydisehir road a visit to Beysehir's wooden mosque is worht the visit.

Only the part to Konya from Göreme goes pretty fast, it is a boring straight road, after Konya things get much more interesting and picturesque.

Good luck!

Hebden Bridge...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Travel route from Goreme to Cirali

The shortest route is 620km/380miles, with a suggested 'driving' time of around 10 hours. Your detour via Aksehir only adds on 40kms, but at least an extra hours driving time, to an already demanding schedule.

I don't see how once you have included meal stops, and nature breaks, that you could have any time for sight-seeing?

Driving through Antalya is not difficult, as you will be simply following the signs for, and staying on, the D400. I've driven through on 4 separate occasions as a Tourist, without knowing the area, and have had no issues.

Bundaberg, Australia
reviews: 4
3. Re: Travel route from Goreme to Cirali

thank you very much for your responses.

We'll give the sightseeing a miss - (the lake) and head straight for Cirali, taking the shortest route. I was just concerned about driving through Antalya, but if it is that easy, no worries and we'll head to Cirali. We are Aussies and used to driving long distances. Appreciate your help immensely.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 30
4. Re: Travel route from Goreme to Cirali

Yes sure, you get used to driving long distances quickly, since I come from Holland everything was far away in Turkey. Now we make long distances so easily.

But only if you get a chance to break your trip, you might end up more happy, as you can see Egirdir lake, I recommend to stay there, then the next morning it is a short ride to Aglasun and see Sagalassos, and you would have time to see the Selcuk Han near Bucak as well. Things what most tourists do not see, but so much worth it!

5. Re: Travel route from Goreme to Cirali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 17, 2011