We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mountain Biking in Sapa

Which Sapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vilnius, Lithuania
reviews: 3
Mountain Biking in Sapa

Hello,

Anyone have any experience in mountain biking around sapa ? Is it possible to rent a mountain bike and go somewhere independently or guidance is necessary ?

All those guided cycling tours are crazily expensive. I've seen some one day cycling tours that cost like 150 USD per person. Anyone could recommend some reasonable priced mountain biking tour for 1 or 2 days. That would cost like 50 USD per person for a day or so.

4 replies to this topic
London, United...
reviews: 3
1. Re: Mountain Biking in Sapa

hi karolis

No worries about it, you just booked in advance hotel and train ticket , you can ask receptionist in hotel your staying , them will be advise the moutant motorbike tour and rent the bike also , walk around town and have look some local TA in sapa , i sure that price is not expensive as you think before .

tks and best regards,

Edited: 10:31 pm, January 14, 2014
Sapa, Vietnam
2. Re: Mountain Biking in Sapa

You can rent good TREK or GIANT mountain bikes in Sapa very easily. Happy riding!

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 38
3. Re: Mountain Biking in Sapa

You'll need very strong knees and well-developed leg muscles for this very mountainous area, good luck

(by the way, those roads are dangerous!)

sapa
4. Re: Mountain Biking in Sapa

The tour who quoted you $150 that is exactly what they have to spend for services (Tour-guide, water, bikes, supporting car for full-day > this spend so much your money, lunch..), if you only care about rental of bikes, its cost you only $10 for one day > this is very cheap and I think its your best choice.

And also agree with ESG who posted feedback. " You just booked in advance hotel and train ticket , you can ask receptionist in hotel your staying , them will be advise the moutant motorbike tour and rent the bike also , walk around town and have look some local TA in sapa , i sure that price is not expensive as you think before".

Have a good trip Karolis

Reply to: Mountain Biking in Sapa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sapa