We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accommodation near the surf with pool

Which Canggu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Fremantle...
reviews: 6
accommodation near the surf with pool

We are a couple from Perth travelling to Bali 29/4 for 8 nights. My husband loves to surf and we are considering Canggu as an alternative to Kuta for a quiet change. We would like to stay as close as possible to the surf. I have been checking these forums but cannot find much info about hotels near the surf. We prefer Balinese style accomodation. Amenities like pool, bathroom, restaurant and shops/market would be ideal. Dont need aircond (fans are fine), and dont mind geckos! Budget is around $100 night.

Any advice is appreciated, esp re accommodation, and getting around. eg. is it easy to go into Seminyak or Kuta for a meal?

thx in advance,

regards, Liza and Andrew

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
reviews: 65
1. Re: accommodation near the surf with pool

Hmmm for the position, price etc, I would have a look at sari beach inn hotel. It's top of Legian, almost seminyak, gate by the pool opens onto beach.

Close to restaurants, shopping etc.

South Fremantle...
2. Re: accommodation near the surf with pool

Thankyou - it looks just like the sort of Balinese hotel we like. Is it too far from the surf of Canggu? We prefer something where we can walk to decent surf, even if we compromise on hotel quality.

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
reviews: 50
3. Re: accommodation near the surf with pool

Hi!

Sari Beach Hotel is quite a way from Canggu! One could not (or rather would not want to) walk from the Sari Beach to the surf at Canggu and back again. I am not up to speed on accommodation in Canggu, hopefully by responding, another poster will provide you with the information you seek!

cheers

wendy

Perth
Destination Expert
4. Re: accommodation near the surf with pool

Yes oh sorry....I didn't know of any in canggu, but thought this ticked all the other boxes and you just said considering canggu.

Oh well it's an option if you can't find what you want.

Canggu, Indonesia
reviews: 85
5. Re: accommodation near the surf with pool

There are quite a few B&Bs around with a pool - Ecosfera, Coconuts, Jepun Bali....Here is a good link showing the TA rankings - tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g311298-c2-Canggu_Bal…

Australia
reviews: 48
6. Re: accommodation near the surf with pool

You would be able to give some good advice as you live in Canggu so which would you recommend?

South Fremantle...
7. Re: accommodation near the surf with pool

thx Wendy, we do really want to be able to leave the room and walk 5-10 mins max to the surf, or less! Canggu gets good reviews for the surf and a quiet alternative to Kuta.

South Fremantle...
8. Re: accommodation near the surf with pool

excellent thankyou. Will check those out.

South Fremantle...
9. Re: accommodation near the surf with pool

hi guys, have been doing more internet surfing, and come up with Legong Keraton Beach Hotel. Its seems to tick all the boxes and is on the beach next to the surf. Does anyone have first hand experience of this hotel? Is it ok? Can we get taxis from there to Seminyak, or other places if we want to go out for the day to somewhere else? Any advise appreciated. Thanks.

Perth
Destination Expert
10. Re: accommodation near the surf with pool

I clicked on the link and read the first page of reviews, all but 2 were good.

It seems it's about 10 minutes by taxi to seminyak.

Good for surfers.

I would pm those who have done recent reviews and ask more questions if you don't get a response here.

Get answers to your questions about Canggu