We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canggu Club Facilities

Which Canggu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Canggu Club Facilities

I stayed in a villa which included a Canggu Club membership within the length of my stay that turned out to be very disappointing. I was very excited upon my first visit. From the outside, the club looks really nice, clean and organized but once I got inside and used the gym, the week that I was there, four days the AC was broke, there was no pressure or hot water when I wanted to shower, steam room was broken. Quite honestly it resulted in a very disappointing experience.

I visited the restaurant and found prices to be above average for the quality and it just so happen to be there at 4PM on a weekday, which is the time that the club becomes overwhelmed with the students from the Canggu school which is located behind them.

I couldn't believe that a private club that is trying to sell itself as so, had about 100 screaming, yelling children unsupervised.

I find it a joke that they even consider themselves a club and consider people to pay for a membership.

I do not recommend, even if you have a free pass.

Bali, Indonesia
reviews: 34
1. Re: Canggu Club Facilities

I couldn't agree more. The place is terrible and all of the services went downhill. I've known the place when it just built and opened, it's a joke. Not worth the membership prices at all.

2. Re: Canggu Club Facilities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 am, November 27, 2012
3. Re: Canggu Club Facilities

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

4. Re: Canggu Club Facilities

Bali, Indonesia
5. Re: Canggu Club Facilities

I don't normally make comments on TripAdvisor but I have to add my two cents here in defense of the club over the thread Nov22's comment has started. I use the tennis and gym facilities on a regular basis and I think they are brilliant. You would be hard pressed to find anything in Bali that matches up to it.

As for the screaming hordes of kids, on the whole they are pretty well behaved, but regardless that's what kids do, they make noise. AS do a crowd of drunks watching a Bledisloe Cup match at 4pm on a Saturday in August. You admit it was 4pm when you visited so what did you expect? The club is about the community and the kids are a big part of that community. As is their school.

Perfect solution to this is to arrive at the club after 9am and leave before 3.30 and head home to the luxury Bali villa for some piece and quiet.

I hear they are quite nice inside.

6. Re: Canggu Club Facilities

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
reviews: 167
7. Re: Canggu Club Facilities

Lots of 1 post wonders here all of a sudden!! LOL

Cheers

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
reviews: 74
8. Re: Canggu Club Facilities

and most joined today, looks like the bulletin board at the Canggu Club had been busy.

My only experience was as an outside visitor a few years back to see the then annual 11s Rugby tournament. It was quite fun.

I stayed at Villa Victoria last May which offers a free pass to the Canggu Club but I didn't even bother because when I'm on holidays a gym is not what I'm looking for.

I might go next time around to check it out and compare to my Club here.

9. Re: Canggu Club Facilities

10. Re: Canggu Club Facilities

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:49 am, November 27, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Canggu