We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tanah Lot

Which Canggu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oxford, United...
reviews: 122
Tanah Lot

I notice from pictures that Tanah Lot is surrounded by water, does anyone know what the times a roughly for when the tide goes out, so you can go across? Or is the water shallow enough to wade over?

One other thing about temples in Bali, I assume modest dress sense is a must, but how much.

No shorts for men and women?

Should I wear long trousers and a t-shirt and what about if my shoulders are bare do I need to cover these too?

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
reviews: 133
1. Re: Tanah Lot

Hi

You can't actually access the temple at Tanah Lot so it doesn't matter what kind of dress you wear to see it. The tides change daily so obviously no one can tell you unless you read the tide charts what the tide will be on the day you go there. It doesn't matter anyhow as the temple is best seen from the coast.

If you are not appropriately dressed for other temples you will be given a sarong and a sash to wear during your visit. Some temples make you wear them anyhow no matter what you are wearing.

Sydney
reviews: 4
2. Re: Tanah Lot

For tides try:www.indosurf.com.au/Tide_Charts.html

Cheers

3. Re: Tanah Lot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 25, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Canggu