We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visas

London, United...
reviews: 4
visas

auyone managed to get a 12 month india visa we go to kovalam 3 times ayear and been refused twice we say we are just holidaying but need alot more information ithought you had to be out of the country for 60 days before returning thats what we do any help.

London
reviews: 21
1. Re: visas

According to the threads on here over past year, it appears a few people have managed to get 12 month visa. I am not sure if they sent covering letter explaining the reason it was needed. The Kovalam forum is not very active so might be better posting your question on the general Indian forum then hopefully someone who managed to get 12 month visa will reply.

Kovalam
Destination Expert
for Kovalam
reviews: 24
2. Re: visas

Hi

Try contacting VFS direct at the following:-

info.inuk@vfshelpline.com

Regards

Ian

Edited: 8:55 pm, April 01, 2012
goa
reviews: 56
3. Re: visas

If you have a lease for the place you are staying you stand a better chance....The 12 month visa is aimed at tourists who intend to stay in india longterm....not those coming and going.

London, United...
reviews: 1
4. Re: visas

Good luck with the VFS helpline, they didn't respond to my emails, then had me on hold for over 4 hours twice & i never spoke to anybody!

I could tell you my opinion of them, but i'd get banned!

Edited: 12:02 pm, April 03, 2012
Kovalam
Destination Expert
for Kovalam
reviews: 24
5. Re: visas

Hi

I always got a response with e-mail, the phone is at a premium cost so best not to use.

Regards

Ian

London
6. Re: visas

I spoke to a friend who obtained 12 month visa a while ago. Apparently VFS will always say you cannot get 12 month visa and just apply for 6 month. He still applied for 12th month with covering letter explaining why he needed 12 month and he was successful.

You have nothing to lose applying for 12 months, if denied you will still have the 6 month visa.

London, United...
7. Re: visas

Thanks everyone we are now sorted 12 month visa granted.

London
8. Re: visas

Just out of interest peggy, did you send covering letter or supply any additional information as to why you wanted 12 month visa or was it just granted by you simply asking or it.

London, United...
9. Re: visas

The answer to your question yes a very long covering letter just by putting for holidays not enough for them refused twice anyway now we can relax this as taken six weeks to go through although we have been out of country for more than two months they seem to add another month on to when you get back.

London, United...
reviews: 35
10. Re: visas

After my first amazing visit to India, Kovalam of course, last September with my Indian friend, I'm going back to India to meet him in October for a 9 day Golden Triangle tour,

I tried to apply for a 12 month visa in January so I could book my flights and hotels then (to fulfil their advice not to pay for anything before you get a visa!) After numerous emails/phone conversations it was declined and I have to reapply with various forms that they sent me, at the beginning of September. Needless to say, I have booked everything anyway. Evidently they are changing to 3 month tourist visas now, not that the website mentioned any of this.

I think that anyone without a genuine reason to choose India as a holiday destination would be seriously deterred by all this red tape!