We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hatcher Pass Campground

Which Palmer hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, TX
reviews: 13
Hatcher Pass Campground

RVing in Alaska in late August 2008. Planning to go to State Fair and Hatcher Pass/Independence Mine on August 28th. Destination for the next day is Talkeetna but concerned that driving that distance after the days activities will be a bit much. Any recommendations on a good campground near Hatcher Pass and on the way to Talkeetna. (Cannot take Hatcher Pass Road to Willow due to RV contract) Our definition of good campground is as natural as possible, not a parking lot with no trees. Thanks!

USA
Destination Expert
for Alaska, Denali National Park and Preserve, Yellowstone National Park
reviews: 44
1. Re: Hatcher Pass Campground

There are a lot of possibilities between Hatcher Pass & Talkeetna.

In Palmer-Wasilla area there's Finger Lakes State Park & some others but I'm not sure of their RV size limits. Some up in the valley there I remember are tent only. Or you could hit the road, get through Wasilla & stay somewhere past Wasilla like Little Susitna River Campground by Houston or Nancy Lake State Park. There's also Willow Creek State Park at Willow.

The best thing is to get the Milepost from amazon.com or milepost.com. The current campground regulations should be there. It's a valuable resource for planning camping.

Dallas, TX
reviews: 13
2. Re: Hatcher Pass Campground

Thanks Denalicat,

Have been studying the Milepost for a few months. Had missed info on Finger Lake State Park and now planning to stay there. Thanks for your feedback, it is much appreciated.

3. Re: Hatcher Pass Campground

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, September 29, 2009