We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Word of Warning for Tourist: Kodiak Charters / Randy Blondin

Kodiak, Alaska
Word of Warning for Tourist: Kodiak Charters / Randy Blondin

Illegal Hunting Guide Convictions

Randy Blondin and Terry Blondin

http://www.adn.com/node/1355051

www.courtrecords.alaska.gov/eservices/…

9 replies to this topic
Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage
reviews: 138
1. Re: Word of Warning for Tourist: Kodiak Charters / Randy Blondin

Gee Bob I don't quite get your point...

- Are you saying that because they've been convicted (almost 5 years ago) and "paid their price" (a 2yr penalty & some fines) they should be further penalized?

- Do you have a personal interest (e.g. have used them and had a bad experience)?

I'm not saying they are good or bad; but readers are always suspicious of "1 post wonders" (whether they post good or bad points). Perhaps if added some more detail as to why you are pointing this out your statements might have more substance.

Appleton, Wisconsin
reviews: 27
2. Re: Word of Warning for Tourist: Kodiak Charters / Randy Blondin

Or Bob could be a competitor.....

Mobile, Alabama
reviews: 6
3. Re: Word of Warning for Tourist: Kodiak Charters / Randy Blondin

We returned less than one week ago from a fishing trip to Larsen Bay where we stayed with the Blondins/Kodiak Charters. Our experience was very positive. The Blondins were great hosts and even went out of their way to accomodate special dietary needs of one member of our group. Our boat captain was knowledgeable and we had a great experience fishing. We have a freezer full of fish and a lifetime of memories to prove it.

Did I know about the hunting guide convictions? Yes I did. Was I a little apprehensive? Of course. But the Blondins had been recommended by someone who has used them for years, so I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

There were five of us and we all truly enjoyed our trip. Right now we are planning a return trip with them for next year.

It sickens me that people will hide behind an anonymous screen name and throw rocks at others. Shame on you 218bobg. If you have issues, learn to handle it like an adult.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage
reviews: 138
4. Re: Word of Warning for Tourist: Kodiak Charters / Randy Blondin

Hi mystik,

I'd (& I'm sure others) love to hear a little more about your trip (dates, activities, etc.). It's not often we get someone who has done something different then the mainstream Anchorage/Denali/Seward "thing". Your experience and info. could be a valuable resource to other readers/posters.

Thanks for checking in with your comment,

Scott

Mobile, Alabama
reviews: 6
5. Re: Word of Warning for Tourist: Kodiak Charters / Randy Blondin

Just about to post a report. Thanks for the encouragement!

reviews: 1
6. Re: Word of Warning for Tourist: Kodiak Charters / Randy Blondin

Please relate your experience of your stay.

It is not fair to the service provider and the public if you don't share the good and the bad.

I was referred to this lodge for next year (2015) and would like to know as much information as possible before I take a small group to Larsen Bay.

Victor

Fritz Creek, Alaska
reviews: 58
7. Re: Word of Warning for Tourist: Kodiak Charters / Randy Blondin

Note that the OP made a single post and never came back to defend his reasons.

And, Victor, I believe post #3 gives a possitive answer. I would be more concerned about service provided vs illegal hunting convictions

custer, MI
reviews: 153
8. Re: Word of Warning for Tourist: Kodiak Charters / Randy Blondin

I went on a hunting trip with Kodiak Charters back in 2003. I was a duck hunter in a camp of deer hunters. Randy got caught on saying he was an outfitter rather than a transport(BIG DEAL) from some guys who thought they should be pampered. The guys in our camp got their deer, I got some ducks, we ate crab from the pots we pulled.

It was worth the price for what I paid for it. Randy and Terri were great hosts!!!

Park City, Utah
reviews: 7
9. Re: Word of Warning for Tourist: Kodiak Charters / Randy Blondin

Mean People Suck, Bob!

My husband and I spent 6 nights with Randy and Terri/Kodiak Charters in August 2010. We fished for silver salmon and halibut 5 days and caught our limit every day. Our fishing guide was Jake and he is awesome, as was the entire staff! Good food, good accommodations, good people, good fishing, all at a great price! What more could you ask for?

We've fished many other locations in Alaska and with other outfits and have yet to experience anything remotely close to our amazing trip with Kodiak Charters. I haven't stopped talking about it or showing off my photos from the trip so decided it's time to go back!

Just talked to Terri yesterday and booked our next fishing adventure with Kodiak Charters! Can't wait!

Reply to: Word of Warning for Tourist: Kodiak Charters / Randy Blondin
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Larsen Bay