We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ketchikan activity

Which Ketchikan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pomona, California
reviews: 8
Ketchikan activity

My husband and I will be visiting June 12th only. Taking princess cruise. We want to get off the beaten path and not do what everyone else is doing. Is that possible? Budget is on the low end. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks

Fritz Creek, Alaska
reviews: 58
1. Re: Ketchikan activity

suggest you check out your shore excursions, and it may be hard to do to avoid what everyone else is doing in Ketchikan

Birmingham, Alabama
reviews: 18
2. Re: Ketchikan activity

Check out Classic Tours in Ketchikan. We visited with Lois in 2007 and had a fantastic couple of hours. She is a retired teacher and knows everyone in town. We visited the Saxmen Totem Park and the fellows doing the totem carving in the cultural center were her former students. If you talk real sweet with her, she might even take you out by the Tongass Narrows for picnic.

http://www.classictours.com/

Bob

Pomona, California
3. Re: Ketchikan activity

Great suggestion, Thanks!

Pomona, California
4. Re: Ketchikan activity

I have done that. We are interested in the Rain Forest. Any comments on that area?

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
reviews: 29
5. Re: Ketchikan activity

The entire southeast Alaska is rain forest........get a trail map, flower and tree identification book and take a hike.......bring a rain coat and be mindful of your footing........

Pomona, California
6. Re: Ketchikan activity

Thanks, I love that idea!

7. Re: Ketchikan activity

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, June 22, 2013