We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kayaking In Ketchikan

Which Ketchikan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Carson City, NV
reviews: 8
Kayaking In Ketchikan

I am going to be visiting, for a week, in mid-September 2008. I'm hoping to do some kayaking and hopefully see great sea-life; whales,etc. I don't know if our timing is practical. We are on a bit of a budget and would love any recommendations by locals, we try to stay FAR away from the touristy-traps (We live in Lake Tahoe and just finished our major season).

Bears, hiking, outdoor activities are our hope!

Thanks!

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
reviews: 11
1. Re: Kayaking In Ketchikan

Try Southeast Sea Kayaks, they did a very nice job for us several years ago.

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
reviews: 40
2. Re: Kayaking In Ketchikan

I'll second that. Your timing is good. The weather is actually improving a bit over the terrible downpours of summer, bears are in full swing in Herring Cove and I've seen seals in Ketchikan Creek enjoying the late salmon run. I always say after September 20 is the time to see Alaska. Prices drop in half, crowds are gone and weather mellows out a bit, even if the temps are lower. I love Anchorage this time of year...perfection...and Southeast can be tolerable.

3. Re: Kayaking In Ketchikan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:26 am, October 03, 2009