We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fjords cruise

Which Kenai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Limerick...
reviews: 92
Fjords cruise

Hello

Any one have an idea how rough the water will be

for the Kenai fjords nat. park cruise?

Mid Aug.

Thanks

Orlando, Florida
reviews: 87
1. Re: Fjords cruise

midon1,

I guess the logical response to your question is "it depends". There are several factors affecting the tides. The day I went out, it was sunny and mild. I thought the catamaran I was on was fine. However, there were quite a few individuals on board with nausea, including my daughter. (I guess the smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel sandwiches didn't help : - )

providence, rhode...
reviews: 18
2. Re: Fjords cruise

the day i went out was sunny but in open waters that boat rocked around, partly because he would stop to see wildlife and just the natural movement of the boat was too much for quite a few people. you just never know, my advise take bonine 1 hour before, better than being miserable and losing out on a great trip

Covington, Virginia
reviews: 4
3. Re: Fjords cruise

We went with Renown Tours in late June. It was a cold and rainy day, but we had a great and fun trip. Going out, while crossing the Gulf of Alaska we had fairly rough seas; everbody was laughing at everyone trying to look so dignified while flipping and flopping around the boat. However, I did not see anyone get sick. We did take Bonine 1 hr. before our boat left. The Captain finally asked everyone to stay seated for about 10 minutes. Then the water was calm for the rest of the trip. Even though it was cold, we spent most of our time outside on the upper deck.

Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Have a good time.

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
reviews: 46
4. Re: Fjords cruise

Really no way of knowing till that day. The weather can change quick and it does what ever it wants. Forecasts a day ahead can be way off.

Limerick...
reviews: 92
5. Re: Fjords cruise

Thank you for the help.

midon1

Vero Beach, Florida
reviews: 2
6. Re: Fjords cruise

Not at all. Its awesome, wear layers of clothing and have your camera ready. I would suggest the extending cruise to fox Island.

7. Re: Fjords cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, September 06, 2009