We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glacier Fly-in

Which Juneau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
seattle
reviews: 2
Glacier Fly-in

We will be finishing what we hope to be a fabulous 2+ week 70th birthday adventure with a stay in Juneau at Pearson's Pond. We would like to take the definitive end all be all flight into and on to the Mendenhall Glacier. I know that there is a plethora available but does anyone have recommendations for a really supreme experience, both with the flight in and out and of being on the glacier itself. We are not interested in picnics/lunches or any other catering. We would probably prefer a flight just for we 2 but 2 more people on the flight would be OK. Thanks

5 replies to this topic
haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
reviews: 28
1. Re: Glacier Fly-in

No experience, but there are five different helicopter companies that tour/land on glaciers.......you might want to contact each of them directly to see if you could set up a custom flight, and determine what other options you might want to add, maybe a dog sled experience..........

North Bend, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Juneau, Coos Bay, North Bend
2. Re: Glacier Fly-in

Just let Diane know... She's got her fingers in nearly every tour in town and likes to think she provides the best of the best experiences...

- Case

seattle
reviews: 2
3. Re: Glacier Fly-in

Can Can---- Who is Diane?

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Alaska
reviews: 97
4. Re: Glacier Fly-in

Northstar offers a three hour hike on the glacier. They also have shorter hikes. These are small group, but not just for two people. You would have to contact them about private tours. If they offer them, I am sure they would be very costly as the three hour hike is around $500 per person. My DD and her husband did the two hour hike with Northstar and did really enjoy the experience. They had about ten in their group.

http://www.northstartrekking.com/tours.php

Edited: 2:19 pm, November 16, 2013
Juneau, Alaska
reviews: 10
5. Re: Glacier Fly-in

CanCan, Diane sold Pearson's Pond two years ago to Rachel Ray (no, not the Cooking Channel star). But I'm sure that she can recommend a helicopter tour. All of the companies offering chopper tours are well regarded, the main difference being the options they offer like ice climbing or dog sledding.

The plain drop-you-off-&-pick-you-up trips are all priced about the same, the only difference being which glacier they fly to.

Reply to: Glacier Fly-in
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted