We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Echo Cove, tent camping near/at boat launch?

Which Juneau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sitka, Alaska
reviews: 15
Echo Cove, tent camping near/at boat launch?

I there a tent campground at or near the boat launch at Echo Cove? One of my friends seems to think there is but we're having trouble verifying that or finding out more information on who runs it.

I know retreat camping is available at Echo Ranch, SAGA, and the Methodist Camp. But we're looking for tent spots close to the end of the road and about all I can think of is Eagle Beach. Thanks!

Juneau, Alaska
reviews: 10
1. Re: Echo Cove, tent camping near/at boat launch?

You can tent camp at Yankee Cove, but there are not any formal camping spots, so you need to tread lightly and not leave any trace. Any fires should be on the beach below the grass line.

Echo Cove is private Goldbelt Corporation land, and except for the launch ramp and hiking down the beach below the high tide line, closed to anyone but shareholders.

You should check on the State Parks cabins in Point Bridget State Park, especially Blue Mussel. A great bargain if you can find open dates (weekends get booked early in the year). See dnr.alaska.gov/parks/cabins/south.htm#ptbridg

2. Re: Echo Cove, tent camping near/at boat launch?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 26, 2014