We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small boat trip for 4 days from Juneau

Which Juneau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Small boat trip for 4 days from Juneau

Hi,

would appreciate some advices on small boat trip for 4 days going out from Juneau area. All trips i can find are longer than that or in huge boats. i am looking for a boay up to 20 people

Thanks

11 replies to this topic
North Bend, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Juneau, Coos Bay, North Bend
1. Re: Small boat trip for 4 days from Juneau

4 days and up to 20 people? Cruise West. I don't know if they have any 4-day itineraries out of Juneau, though.

Happy Alaska Travels!

- Case

Philadelphia...
2. Re: Small boat trip for 4 days from Juneau

Thanks!

Juneau, Alaska
3. Re: Small boat trip for 4 days from Juneau

Alaska Pirates Pride does 3-5 days round trips out of Juneau. Unfortunately Cruise West went out of business several years ago, so they will not be an option for you.

Philadelphia...
4. Re: Small boat trip for 4 days from Juneau

Thanks!

North Bend, Oregon
Destination Expert
5. Re: Small boat trip for 4 days from Juneau

My suggestion for Cruise West was a bit facetious. 20 people for a 4-day cruise is HARDLY what anyone might consider "small boat" stuff. To accommodate 20 guests, you'll need something on the order of a small cruise ship.

Looking at the Alaska Pirate's Pride website, I have a few concerns. The Juneau Coast Guard District maintains the 5-Star Safety Program for Uninspected Passenger Vessels... usually called a "6-pack" because they only transport a maximum of 6 passengers. APP's website mentions they're "working toward obtaining their 5-star safety rating." So is this vessel inspected or uninspected? If they've got a Certificate of Inspection (COI), for how many? If they're eligible for the 5-star program, and only accommodate 6 guests, how are their services relevant to the poster's group of 20?

The other, less technical, concern I have is that reading about the vessel, I can only count accommodations for 11 guests - a group below decks in the single bunks and single and double staterooms, and just a few in the one upper stateroom. The original poster's group of 20 would be quite cramped, I would think!

Happy Alaska Travels!

-Case

Juneau, Alaska
reviews: 10
6. Re: Small boat trip for 4 days from Juneau

I'm having trouble understanding whether you have a group of 20, or you want to be on a boat that has a maximum of 20.

There are several yachts that offer 4 day charters, but they are NOT cheap.

Captain Bob Wostmann of Midnight Sun Alaska Yacht Charters, for instance, charges almost $28,000 for a 4 day 3 night charter for up to 6 on his deluxe 70 foot yacht (I've been aboard, and it truly is deluxe)..

Philadelphia...
7. Re: Small boat trip for 4 days from Juneau

Thanks, we are only 2 people looking for a small boat that has max 20 people.

8. Re: Small boat trip for 4 days from Juneau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 pm, November 16, 2013

North Bend, Oregon
Destination Expert
9. Re: Small boat trip for 4 days from Juneau

Too bad TA is becoming the travel spam site lately!

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
reviews: 28
10. Re: Small boat trip for 4 days from Juneau

I am really surprised to see these posts have not been zapped yet........

Reply to: Small boat trip for 4 days from Juneau
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted