We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stroller on Mt Roberts Tram/Mendenhall?

Which Juneau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wilmington, New York
reviews: 3
Stroller on Mt Roberts Tram/Mendenhall?

I would like to take the Mt. Roberts Tram with my grandchildren, ages 1 & 2. We are bringing a double stroller (front & back, not side-by-side). Can I bring it on the tram car?

If I take the shuttle bus to the Mendenhall Glacier, can I bring the stroller on the bus?

Thanks!

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
reviews: 41
1. Re: Stroller on Mt Roberts Tram/Mendenhall?

If the stroller collapses, yes, but otherwise, I think you are asking for trouble. We've had the big stroller question before and I've got to warn you that you are visiting areas with narrow to non-existant sidewalks crowded with people, often narrow doors constructed before the disability act, just bad access all around. If you can use a baby backpack and/or a couple of cheap umbrella strollers for your trip (one kid per adult instead of you handling both), you will be much more mobile, flexible and happier and able to go anywhere.

Wilmington, New York
reviews: 3
2. Re: Stroller on Mt Roberts Tram/Mendenhall?

Thanks for responding!

The stroller is a "front-and-back," so it's the same width as a regular stroller, and it does collapse. Since I may be doing this alone, two umbrella strollers are out of the question.

Edited: 9:50 am, April 06, 2012
San Carlos...
reviews: 2
3. Re: Stroller on Mt Roberts Tram/Mendenhall?

We have taken our twins a lot of times on the tram with our double stroller. It fits on the tram no problem although once on top the pathways are roots and dirt so you can't go very far with it. Only to the lookout deck and back.

Juneau, Alaska
reviews: 10
4. Re: Stroller on Mt Roberts Tram/Mendenhall?

FYI, the main paths at Mendenhall Glacier are paved but crowded when all the tour busses arrive.

5. Re: Stroller on Mt Roberts Tram/Mendenhall?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, June 19, 2013