We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salmon Hatchery & Mendenhall Glacier without a tour

Which Juneau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong
reviews: 22
Salmon Hatchery & Mendenhall Glacier without a tour

I am planning to visit the Salmon Hatchery (2-3 miles away from downtown Juneau) and then head on to Mendenhall Glacier and spend 2-3 hours there and back to downtown. Does anyone know how to catch a ride from the Hatchery to the Glacier besides the City Bus (Capital Transit)? The City bus takes too long since both stops are pretty far away from those attractions and the last MGT glacier shuttle departs the glacier at 6pm. My cruise ship doesn't arrive until 2pm but I want to stay at the Glacier for a longer time. Is it easy to get a taxi ride from the Hatchery to the Glacier?

Thanks a lot.

North Bend, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Juneau, Coos Bay, North Bend
1. Re: Salmon Hatchery & Mendenhall Glacier without a tour

See the answer to your PM for ideas, but in general terms, the taxi can schedule a pickup when they drop you off, or alternatively the staff at the hatchery can call a cab for you if you ask nicely.

Happy Alaska Travels!

-Case

2. Re: Salmon Hatchery & Mendenhall Glacier without a tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:21 am, October 01, 2009