We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RV Park Reservations and Seldovia Wood Carving Festival

Which Homer hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kailua, Hawaii
reviews: 2
RV Park Reservations and Seldovia Wood Carving Festival

Hello,

We (family of 5) will be staying for 3 nights in Homer (May 29-31) in an RV. I was not going to make reservations but am now wondering if I should. It is Memorial Day weekend and I was told in another post that the Seldovia Wood Carving Festival is that weekend. Even more reason to make a reservation? We are leaning toward the RV park at the Driftwood Inn, other suggestions are welcome. Don't think we want to be all the way out on the spit, would like to be able to walk to town, beach, trails, etc., thus our choice.

Secondly, I can't find any information on the wood carving festival, when exactly it is, we would plan our trip to Seldovia to watch... Have tried google and emailing the chamber there to no avail. Any info would be great!

Thank you again!

Cadiz, Kentucky
reviews: 112
1. Re: RV Park Reservations and Seldovia Wood Carving Festival

If I were going Memorial Day weekend, I'd definitely have reservations, but that is the 26th-28th this year so it should be cleared out quite a bit. We also plan to be there the 29th or 30th.

Adirondack, New York
reviews: 88
2. Re: RV Park Reservations and Seldovia Wood Carving Festival

Call Seldovia Chamber of Commerce about Chainsaw Carving Festival

907- 234-7612 or send e-mail: president@seldoviachamber.org

Cadiz, Kentucky
3. Re: RV Park Reservations and Seldovia Wood Carving Festival

The Chainsaw Carving has always been Memorial Day weekend in the past.

Kailua, Hawaii
reviews: 2
4. Re: RV Park Reservations and Seldovia Wood Carving Festival

Woops, guess I should have consulted the calendar, not sure why I equated the last few days of May as Memorial Day, I apologize! In any case, we will be going to Seldovia during our stay, will the wood carvings still be on view after the weekend of the festival itself?

cjnky... where do you stay in Homer?

Cadiz, Kentucky
5. Re: RV Park Reservations and Seldovia Wood Carving Festival

Last time we stayed at the Fishing Hole on the Spit which is a city campground. Not sure if that's where we'll stay this time, but we did enjoy the Spit.

Adirondack, New York
reviews: 88
6. Re: RV Park Reservations and Seldovia Wood Carving Festival

<<will the wood carvings still be on view after the weekend of the festival itself?>>

Check post #2 for contact information

7. Re: RV Park Reservations and Seldovia Wood Carving Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, June 18, 2013