We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry ride from Homer to Kodiak

Which Homer hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wimberley
ferry ride from Homer to Kodiak

Can someone that has taken the ferry trip from Homer to Kodiak and back let me know

what the trip was like? Did you see wildlife, is the water usually rough, is it a worthwhile trip to make? We have rented an RV from ANC and thought we'd leave it parked while we spent 24 hours on the ferry. Your ideas are welcome. :)

bloomington, IN
reviews: 1
1. Re: ferry ride from Homer to Kodiak

I would not recommend doing this. This is a trip for locals who have to get a vehicle from one point to another. It's sort of scenic, but most of the way you are open water (which will be rough). It's also a very LOONG ride, in uncomfortable lodgings. If you'd really like to take a ferry, I would recommend taking the ferries in southeast Alaska. The ferries in that area are traveling through the protected Inside Passaage, so it's not very rough. The scenary will be much closer (you're not on open water), and you stand a good chance of seeing whales, and will definitely see glaciers.

2. Re: ferry ride from Homer to Kodiak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 13, 2009