We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first trip to haines, please help

Salt Lake City
reviews: 5
first trip to haines, please help

I will be in Haines, AK in April. What will I do all day while the guys are up heli skiing??? Please help

yukon
reviews: 9
1. Re: first trip to haines, please help

There's lots to do in Haines although I'm not sure of what your interests are. There's shopping,cultural centre, museums, historical sites like the fort around the Hasingland Hotel, outdoor activites etc. I would suggest contacting the Visitor Centre to find out what your best options would be depending on your specific interests are as well as how they pertain to that time of year.

Here's the addy of their website....

http://www.haines.ak.us/index.html

Hope that helps, Haines is such a pretty town.

KRG

Salt Lake City
2. Re: first trip to haines, please help

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping for some specific "must see/do" things for April. I am game for anything.

Salt Lake City
3. Re: first trip to haines, please help

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping for some specific "must see/do" things for April.

Lancaster...
reviews: 71
4. Re: first trip to haines, please help

We were in Haines last year and took a boat tour to Juneau for the day. That was fun. It is a long day, boat ride was great for sightseeing, did some shopping, saw the glacier there. Not a lot of other things to do in Haines, except we did ride around and saw some wildlife. There was a wonderful Mexican restaurant, if it is still there. I believe there is a boat to take you to Skagway also.

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
reviews: 29
5. Re: first trip to haines, please help

April in Haines....

Walk on the beach....hike out to Battery Point...go to the museum....maybe rent a bike....go for a swim in the heated indoor municipal pool....enjoy a cup of coffee with the locals at the Mountain Market or the Chilkat Bakery.....Check out the library (check your e-mail at the computers there)...