We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manuia Beach Resort or Rarotonga Beach Bungalows

Which Rarotonga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Long Beach...
reviews: 16
Manuia Beach Resort or Rarotonga Beach Bungalows

Hello all!

My husband and I are in our mid 30's and want to enjoy a nice and quiet vacation. We do enjoy going out for dinners and partaking in a few activities, but our main focus is nice accommodations, clear blue water, and quiet.

Which hotel is better for us? Manuia resort or Rarotonga Bungalows?

Thanks for the advice!

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
reviews: 101
1. Re: Manuia Beach Resort or Rarotonga Beach Bungalows

Kia Orana egen, welcome to the forum.

If it helps with your decision, Manuia Beach, in Arorangi, has a bigger site compared to the Rarotonga Beach Bungalows, in Titikaveka, and provides an adults-only stay. Manuia has its own Beaches restaurant and bar, plus an infinity pool, located next to the beachfront. I understand that the accommodation complex has been renovated recently. The lagoon area is narrower than the lagoon area where RBB is situated. The reefline breaks reasonably close to shore in front of Manuia, which is a bonus for whale-watching and adds interest when looking out to sea.

Rarotonga Beach Bungalows occupies a little spot right alongside Moana Sands Hotel in Titikaveka. Nearest licenced dining is next door at the Sands restaurant at Moana Sands. The Bungalows are also in close walking distance to Little Polynesian café and Te Maire Nui gardens café. Broader lagoon area, with the Tikioki marine reserve being good for snorkelling and swimming, in this area.

When are you considering a visit?

Long Beach...
reviews: 16
2. Re: Manuia Beach Resort or Rarotonga Beach Bungalows

Thank you for your thorough descriptions. We are planning a trip in July. Both of your descriptions sound great, so I'm still up in the air about where to stay but is sounds like Manuia might be better for us. Thanks again!

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
reviews: 101
3. Re: Manuia Beach Resort or Rarotonga Beach Bungalows

Manuia is sheltered from the SE wind, faces the west for glorious sunsets, and has very good onsite facilities. Also, it's within reasonable walking distance to Crown Beach for alternative dining - say 5 to 7 minutes stroll along the beachfront.

Happy planning - kia manuia!

Canada/Australia
reviews: 13
4. Re: Manuia Beach Resort or Rarotonga Beach Bungalows

Rarotonga Beach bungalows have a far superior beach in my opinion, my favourite area.

Manuia is a lovely small resort type place. Not a fan of the beach in this area.

I have been to Raro 8 times and will be there again in September, have stayed on the western side once, southern side 7, and will be 8 in September.

If you want a place with a pool and restaurant then I would pick Manuia. It is walking distance to other restaurants.

For great beach, wonderful snorkelling then I would pick the Rarotonga beach bungalows.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
reviews: 11
5. Re: Manuia Beach Resort or Rarotonga Beach Bungalows

The folks at RBB take such good care of you, you can't go wrong by staying there!!!

6. Re: Manuia Beach Resort or Rarotonga Beach Bungalows

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 18, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Rarotonga