We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anyone know of walks that are suitable with young kids?

Which Rarotonga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Does anyone know of walks that are suitable with young kids?

Hi,

We're heading to Rarotonga for a couple of weeks in July. It's a second visit but the last time we didn't venture inland at all as we spent most of our time in Aitutaki and Atiu. This time we are spending the entire time on Raro and we'dlike to see more of the island and do some walks. I have read about the various walks however we are travelling with 2 small children (4 and a 10mth old) so I'm not sure how suitable any of them would be.

Can anyone suggest any walks that might be suitable? We have an all-terrain pram we are thinking of bringing so distance isn't an issue as long as the track/path isn't too rough or steep. Or anything that would be manageable for a 4 year old?

Thanks!

Arorangi
reviews: 32
1. Re: Does anyone know of walks that are suitable with young kids?

I think you will find that there is very little in the way of 'formed' tracks on Rarotonga. Most tracks are strictly walking tracks with very little and/or no opportunity to use a stroller. Maybe you could purchase a sturdy 'back pack' type carrier for the toddler - but be wary of how high it sits because bush growth can be very thick and over grown in places.

Otherwise, you could walk along the lovely boardwalk that goes from one end of town to the other and back again - that would take 20 minutes of your day.

RBB

2. Re: Does anyone know of walks that are suitable with young kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 13, 2014