We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A food question

Which Rarotonga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 1
A food question

Hey just wanted to ask a couple of questions regarding food restrictions flying into rarotonga/cook island. I know back here in Australia they are pretty strict with nuts (i.e. almonds, peanuts etc) and dried fruit/trail mixes from other places.

My fiancee/wife to be are I flying via Auckland (for a few day) into Rarotonga and were considering picking up a bag of almonds and maybe some natural peanut butter and trail mix whilst in Auckland to snack on throughout our trip in the cook islands. Are there any problems coming in with these products if purchased in NZ?

Cheers

Marc

Battle Ground...
1. Re: A food question

No problems. Just make sure and declare them upon arrival in Raro.

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands
reviews: 101
2. Re: A food question

Kia Orana Marc,

are

I've just sought an update from Quarantine staff on Rarotonga who advise that so long as your foods are commercially prepared dried nuts and peanut butter, and are all packaged showing original labels including country of origin you should be fine with importing these products; and more especially when purchasing these products in NZ.

Fresh fruits, fresh nuts or fresh vegetables are not accepted.

All the best with your holiday plans.

Kia manuia

3. Re: A food question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 21, 2014