We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

renewing your rarotongan drivers lisence?

Which Rarotonga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new zealand
reviews: 11
renewing your rarotongan drivers lisence?

heading back to raro in march & I have a raro lisence but it has expired, how do you go about getting it renewed? do you have to do the test etc all again or is it just a case of presneting the expired one and having it re-issued for a fee?

thanks for any help / advise

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga
reviews: 57
1. Re: renewing your rarotongan drivers lisence?

You won't have to do the test again, just go to the police station, fill out a form as they need to know where you're staying & show them your expired licence. The pen situation at the police station hasn't improved, so don't forget to take your own pen.

new zealand
reviews: 11
2. Re: renewing your rarotongan drivers lisence?

Great thanks for your help Fernsie :)

Pukekohe
reviews: 1
3. Re: renewing your rarotongan drivers lisence?

my hubby didnt have to fill any forms out in Oct, just handed over his expired licence and had it renewed, we are going in March also so will be getting mine renewed then :-)

Auckland Region...
reviews: 17
4. Re: renewing your rarotongan drivers lisence?

Have any of you tried to convert your Raro Motorbike licence in nz? You USED to be able to but ive read that you its very difficult now a days.. I went to VtNZ the other day and they say its a matter of filling in some forms, paying some money and that's it (as I have already sat the theory test for my learners nz licence)...

5. Re: renewing your rarotongan drivers lisence?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Rarotonga