We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The walk up hill to accomodations

Which Rarotonga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Campbelltown...
reviews: 13
The walk up hill to accomodations

Hi,

Having two 5 year old girls who will be very tired by the end of the day,

Im looking at a few places to stay that appear to be up a hill and/or far away from the beaches etc and im wondering how big a steep a walk they are or if they are a long walk from the coast or bus service , if anyone can advise the following places, id apprieciate it.

Aito Apartments Muri

Muri Heights Villas

Te Akapuao Holiday Home and Studio Villas

Te Moana Muri

Are Mareko

MAUNGA RETREAT

Thanks in advance for any help, any other advice about these places is very welcome :)

Sydney, Australia
1. Re: The walk up hill to accomodations

Get a hire car. It will make it so much easier to get around with your girls, buy groceries etc. You will be able to see so much more of the island with your own wheels and get so much more out of your trip.

Auckland
reviews: 12
2. Re: The walk up hill to accomodations

I agree with voyagerchicky. The 1st time we went to Raro we had great plans to walk like we did at home, but it never worked out because it was always too hot and humid. The little ones will get very ratty and tired if they have to walk. Hire cars are quite cheap also. have a good trip.

Campbelltown...
3. Re: The walk up hill to accomodations

Yeah i think we might, allready booked a hire car for aitutaki, but figured we would get the bus on Rarotonga, was also thinking if we had a car we may still walk to the nearest beach if its only a few minutes walk

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
reviews: 72
4. Re: The walk up hill to accomodations

I third the sentiment to get a hire car - it just makes life so much easier on Rarotonga to visit places, go out, shop and explore

Regards

Suzi

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga
reviews: 67
5. Re: The walk up hill to accomodations

I agree, a hire car is definately the way to go. I have travelled to Rarotonga with children & always hire a car. We have used the bus on occasion with the children just for the "experience" & I can assure you it can be a hot bumpy ride.

Campbelltown...
6. Re: The walk up hill to accomodations

ok thanks

California
7. Re: The walk up hill to accomodations

The first time I visited Raro my kids were 3 and 5. We were there 3 weeks and only had a rental car a couple of days. The rest of the time we walked and took the bus. My kids loved the bus and since nothing is very far the walks were short. This saved us money as well.

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 1
8. Re: The walk up hill to accomodations

Hire cars are great. I've stayed at both Muri Heights and Maunga Retreat, both are lovely and only a short walk from the main road. We had a five year old with us when staying at Muri heights and the walk wasnt an issue. Enjoy!

Campbelltown...
9. Re: The walk up hill to accomodations

Thanks :) we are going to stay at Bingos holidays home now, cheap and has what we want :)

10. Re: The walk up hill to accomodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, December 17, 2013