We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any awesome suggestions out there?

Which Rarotonga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Timaru
Any awesome suggestions out there?

Just thought of another question I wanted to ask.

In August I am taking my mother and sister to Rarotonga for 10 days. It will be my little sister's first overseas holiday and the first in a long while for my mum. So I really want to make this special for them

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions of activities that they especially enjoyed.

I've read these forums, ordered my jason's and my guidebook.

I'm looking for any suggestions, maybe things a bit off the beaten track or less well known that really made your trip great. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

wellington
reviews: 36
1. Re: Any awesome suggestions out there?

we went on the progressive dinner - this involved being collected from our accomodation and then going to 3 different local homes for entree, main,dessert accompanied with drinks. The owner of the first home we visited, Danny, came on the bus and provided entertainment in the form of ukelele music and a sing along. A great night, something a bit different and a great way to meet some local people. We booked this through the information centre in town.

Byron Bay, Australia
reviews: 41
2. Re: Any awesome suggestions out there?

We really enjoyed the Island trek with Pa. He is certainly a character and the walk is not for the faint of heart...but you will see some absolutely stunning views and Pa makes a really yummy lunch.

te awamutu
3. Re: Any awesome suggestions out there?

you must go to the mooring for lunch. it has been the at the top of trip advisor list for eating out for nearly 2 years .check the reviews, also try captain tama's lagoon tours

Aitutaki, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Aitutaki
reviews: 29
4. Re: Any awesome suggestions out there?

I would recommend the whale museum on the inner road directly up from the main wharf. They have done a wonderful job putting it together. It's well worth a visit. Directly across the road is the work shop of Mike Tavioni, one of the master carvers of the Cook Islands. If you are lucky he will be in residence and you will be able to see him at work.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga
reviews: 72
5. Re: Any awesome suggestions out there?

I would like to put another vote in for the Whale Museum.

We visited last year & spent several hours browsing.

A brilliant exhibit has been erected with limited funds.

Don't forget to leave a donation, not only will this fund further research, but will also help to expand the Museum.

Nowra, Australia
reviews: 53
6. Re: Any awesome suggestions out there?

Make sure you stay at sea change villas and we did KOKO lagoon cruise which was awesome, apart from that go snorkelling at Fruits of Rarotonga and make sure you eat at the Moorings. Really just hire a scooter and expllore we found the best things by just going around the island and popping into shops on the main and back roads.

te awamutu
7. Re: Any awesome suggestions out there?

being there in august the whales will still be about. advice given to us last week was to make use of the happy hours at complexs on the western side of the island an d you maybe lucky enough to see them. we were having dinner at the waterline last tuesday at 6.30 when a mother and calf were seen. something really special

8. Re: Any awesome suggestions out there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 20, 2013