We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Black Pearls in Rarotonga

Which Rarotonga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Black Pearls in Rarotonga

We are visiting Rarotonga in September and I have read a lot about the beautiful black pearls you can buy there.

Some people have mentioned that they have found a local that sells black pearls; the same items he sells in town, for 50% off in his house. Does anyone know where to find this place or any other suggestions as to where to buy (names, address etc) would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Jojo

PS: are they the same quality you would get in Tahiti?

Vancouver...
reviews: 24
1. Re: Black Pearls in Rarotonga

If you type in the words, black pearls, in the Search In Cook Islands forums search box on this page, you will get three pages all about black pearls that others have asked and have been answered. I'm sure you will get an answer to your question with a little research. Chuck...

Australia
2. Re: Black Pearls in Rarotonga

Chuck , this is fantastic!!

Very much apreciated.

Jojo

San Luis Obispo
reviews: 25
3. Re: Black Pearls in Rarotonga

I know the best place to black pearls at a great place .........

The Perfume Factory on the back road above Avarua is the place. You must ask them to show you their selections as they are not displayed openly.

Yup, I know, the pearls aren't as nice as the expensive places. True, but the fact is very few people can tell the difference. Do you want to bring home "a pearl" or a bag ful! My wife calls it her yearly "bag of marbles" .....................

Australia
4. Re: Black Pearls in Rarotonga

Thank you tikiintahiti!

I have just read about this place in another post. Sounds like this is a very popular place. I am hoping to have the pearls set, so any imperfections may be hidden.

Appreciate your reply.

Jojo

San Luis Obispo
reviews: 25
5. Re: Black Pearls in Rarotonga

You are correct about the mounting. My wife always buys un-mounted pearls and brings them home. Once home she takes them to a jeweler she knows and has them mounted. Wonderful Christmas presents at a realistic price. BTW, so many bypass the pearl with a inperfection but as you pointed out the mount can go there. Many pearls are "almost" perfect and can be had at a great price. Enjoy your "bag of marbles" .............

6. Re: Black Pearls in Rarotonga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, September 05, 2009