We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sackett's & Gwin's

Which Cooper Landing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
northwest Georgia
reviews: 1
Sackett's & Gwin's

I would like some information about menus and prices at

Sackett's & Gwin's Lodge. Please give me some ideas as

what is on the menu for lunch/dinner and price ranges.

Also, where is a good place in the Cooper Landing area to buy

supplies such as ice, picnic foods, etc.

thanks for your help!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
reviews: 31
1. Re: Sackett's & Gwin's

I haven't eaten at the restaurants in Cooper Landing, so I can't help you there. I do know there is a little general store, where I am sure you can buy ice, BUT for all your picnic supplies, you should buy those in Anchorage before coming to Cooper Landing. It will save you a big bundle as well as they will have more availability in Anchorage. Many smaller communities have a very limited selection of food and it's always at a premium price. Good luck! :)

on the lake...
reviews: 33
2. Re: Sackett's & Gwin's

we had lunch at Gwin's and if I remember correctly, prices were fairly reasonable. Reasonable by my standard is under $10 for a burger. The food was good. Typical grill type items...burgers, chicken strips, sandwiches, etc. The dining area isn't all that large, though. Gwin's also has a large shop where you should be able to buy certain supplies. I bought several things when we were there.

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
reviews: 46
3. Re: Sackett's & Gwin's

I stop at Wildman's for their soft serve ice cream when I drive to Soldotna They've been doing lots of adding on and are getting a pretty good store going with showers and laundry facilities also. They have ice, snacks, deli and a liquor store. There's another store about a mile down but I haven't been in that one.

Haven't eaten at Gwin's and have never noticed a place called Sackett's.

I did eat at Kenai Lake Lodge last weekend. They advertise Thai / BBQ. .I wasn't impressed with the menu...was hoping for a better selection but the view was great, cute place, expensive food....17.95 for a chicken salad $10 for a burger $2.50 for 1 soda. 2 people = $35. The owner/server was a bit too friendly for me. We had about 5 mins to ourselves without him at the table talking. We had planned on Gwins but they were closed at 9pm and this place was open till 11pm.

Kodiak Island...
reviews: 33
4. Re: Sackett's & Gwin's

Sackett's overlooks a lake. It is a rustic/quaint building. We haven't eaten there in years, & it seemed like the menu was limited. It also seems like it has been mostly closed whenever I drive by. And, I'm pretty sure that it has been under a different name for several years & is no longer Sackett's. Gwin's is the typical menu, omlette's, hamburgers, sandwiches, for the typical Alaska price, which is probably like $10 or more for each item. I only ate once at the Princess Lodge overlooking the river. I remember it being more expensive. I only ate there for breakfast, so I can't really comment on their menu. Cooper Landing is only a couple hundred year round residents. I stop at Wildman's frequently, but they are just a convenience store, with ice cream, coffee, & the like. It is limited.

northwest Georgia
reviews: 1
5. Re: Sackett's & Gwin's

Thanks for the update. I hear good things about

Gwin's. Not even sure if we'll make it to

Cooper Landing but I sure hope so.

We will be in Alaska in 5 weeks!

6. Re: Sackett's & Gwin's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, October 04, 2009