We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants close to Aitutaki Lagoon Resort.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 9
Restaurants close to Aitutaki Lagoon Resort.

Hello to everyone!

I would like some info about restaurants that are within walking distance to Aitutaki Lagoon Resort and which ones are highly recommended. Also what are the average prices in other restaurants compared to the resorts prices? Thank you :)

Cannock, United...
reviews: 12
1. Re: Restaurants close to Aitutaki Lagoon Resort.

There are 3 choices within walking distance of the lagoon resort:

Koru Cafe, The Boat Shed, and Samade. There are a wealth of reviews on this site for these restaurants, Koru Cafe is the highest rated, and I wouldn't argue with that.

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
reviews: 12
2. Re: Restaurants close to Aitutaki Lagoon Resort.

Samade has that fantastic view of the lagoon! Simply gorgeous.

sunny regards,

shully

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 35
3. Re: Restaurants close to Aitutaki Lagoon Resort.

We went to the Boat Shed for dinner last week and it was really good. I'm trying to remember what I had..I think a curry with prawns. We had lunch at Koru, too. A lot of the menu wasn't to my taste, but my husband loved the fish sandwich.

And I don't think it would be quite as bad going back to the Lagoon Resort, but people really aren't kidding when they say bring a torch for your walk back after dinner. We stayed at Samade and forgot our torch when we went to the Boat Shed (on a cloudy night). Talk about dark!

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
reviews: 101
4. Re: Restaurants close to Aitutaki Lagoon Resort.

Oh LOL Merry Travels! Hope you arrived home ok/eventually. I can picture a couple stumbling along that sandy road in the dark - and scaring all the land crabs in that area away!

Might pay to place the tip about carrying a torch, and other advice for Ootu visitors into our "sticky" thread located at top of our main forum page.

Kia manuia.

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
reviews: 101
5. Re: Restaurants close to Aitutaki Lagoon Resort.

Hi Awes0meF0ur,

Here's a sample menu for the BoatShed Bar & Grill. Prices should be current, since ClubFred has updated this info site recently -

aitutaki-accommodations.com/The_Boat_Shed_ba…

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 9
6. Re: Restaurants close to Aitutaki Lagoon Resort.

Thank you for all the advice, much appreciated :)

7. Re: Restaurants close to Aitutaki Lagoon Resort.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 10, 2011