We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good restaurants/shopping walking distance from Pearl?

Which Moorea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Good restaurants/shopping walking distance from Pearl?

Hello. Are there any good restaurants/shopping that is walking distance from the Pearl resort?

Thanks!

8 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 11
1. Re: Good restaurants/shopping walking distance from Pearl?

My husband still boasts that his best steak was at the Pearl restaurant. We were too lazy to go anywhere else.

We ate at Moorea Beach resort and loved it. We also ate at the pizza place. You turn right out of the resort. The pizza was alright and prices were good

The Pearl is in a really good location. Plus, they say you need to make reservations for everything in FP. But we find you can "wing it" and you can get a reservation in 15 minutes. So you'll be fine because it's island time.

Edited: 3:08 am, January 28, 2014
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Vaitape, Bora Bora, French Polynesia
reviews: 26
2. Re: Good restaurants/shopping walking distance from Pearl?

The little village of Maharepa is 2-5 minute walk from the Pearl (turn right when you leave the resort). Carameline's is outstanding for French pastries, ice creams, and snacks; there are a number of other small eateries in this complex as well. There is a grocery and several interesting souvenir stores. On your way to Maharepa, on the mountain side of the road, is the White House, which is one of our favorite places to buy souvenirs.

Washington/ Moorea
Destination Expert
for Papeete, French Polynesia
reviews: 59
3. Re: Good restaurants/shopping walking distance from Pearl?

Look up this website

tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g309685-Moorea_S…

Los Angeles...
4. Re: Good restaurants/shopping walking distance from Pearl?

thanks everyone!

hamara, i checked that page but wasnt sure which restaurants were walking distance from pearl.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 2
5. Re: Good restaurants/shopping walking distance from Pearl?

Hubby and I found a great little snack place, sorry but I can't remember the name, very close to the Pearl Resort. It was only open from around 11:00 ish to 4:00. They have great Tahitian fast food-fish with French fries, steak, salad and such. The portions are huge and the price very reasonable. Grab a Hinano and enjoy the layed back atmosphere- at the sit up bar or in the covered patio seating.

It's next to a grocery store if I remember correctly.

It's not fancy but we loved it and the food was yummy!

Hope this helps.

HuahineVahine

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 2
6. Re: Good restaurants/shopping walking distance from Pearl?

Hubby and I found a great little snack place, sorry but I can't remember the name, very close to the Pearl Resort. It was only open from around 11:00 ish to 4:00. They have great Tahitian fast food-fish with French fries, steak, salad and such. The portions are huge and the price very reasonable. Grab a Hinano and enjoy the layed back atmosphere- at the sit up bar or in the covered patio seating.

It's next to a grocery store if I remember correctly.

It's not fancy but we loved it and the food was yummy!

Hope this helps.

HuahineVahine

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Vaitape, Bora Bora, French Polynesia
reviews: 26
7. Re: Good restaurants/shopping walking distance from Pearl?

For dinner, the concierge at Pearl will have a list of restaurants that will come and pick you up for free or for a nominal charge.

Washington/ Moorea
Destination Expert
for Papeete, French Polynesia
reviews: 59
8. Re: Good restaurants/shopping walking distance from Pearl?

When you arrive at your hotel pick up a free guide of Moorea and that will give the location of the restaurants.

Reply to: Good restaurants/shopping walking distance from Pearl?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted