We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favourite excusion/activity in Moorea?

Which Moorea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
reviews: 1
Favourite excusion/activity in Moorea?

We are splitting our time between Bora Bora and Moorea next May and just looking to see what other peoples favourite thing they did was?

10 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 11
1. Re: Favourite excusion/activity in Moorea?

ATV tour. We went with Alberts Tour company.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Moorea
reviews: 60
2. Re: Favourite excusion/activity in Moorea?

Dr poole Dolphin and Whale Watching tour on Moorea.

meherio

Ohio
reviews: 26
3. Re: Favourite excusion/activity in Moorea?

ATV tour with Albert's on Moorea

Reef Discovery and Raanui snorkel trips on Bora Bora

Julie

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 1
4. Re: Favourite excusion/activity in Moorea?

The ATV tour is not something I would normally choose to do somewhere like that but I might have to reconsider because so maybe people seem to say it's good. Thanks for your replies so far!

Nebraska
reviews: 5
5. Re: Favourite excusion/activity in Moorea?

tandersweet,

We are in the same situation as you. Going to visit Moorea and Bora Bora next May. I have somewhat decided on ATV with Albert's in Moorea(fairly sure about this) and Reef Discovery in BB(really like the idea of lunch with Raanui for the same cost, but like the idea of the smaller boat and more personalized service with Reef Discovery). Relax and explore the rest of the time.

atlanta, ga
reviews: 9
6. Re: Favourite excusion/activity in Moorea?

If you like to snorkel, Lagoonarium. Hands down.

Michigan
reviews: 17
7. Re: Favourite excusion/activity in Moorea?

While ATVs are not something we would normally do, we enjoyed them on Moorea.

I think renting a car and circling the island needs to be mentioned. There is plenty to see, do, and eat. An appointment with some dolphins took priority over the Lagoonarium, which will surely be on our list the next time we go.

Wolverhampton
reviews: 38
8. Re: Favourite excusion/activity in Moorea?

My favourites are the island tour (offered by different companies) including Magic Mountain, as well as the Dr Poole Dolphin and Whale Watching Trip

Palmerston North
reviews: 18
9. Re: Favourite excusion/activity in Moorea?

We loved the 2 hour jet ski and 4x4 combo with Alberts. On the jet ski tour, you get to swim with the rays and sharks. On the 4x4 you go up magic mountain and also get to go to jus de fruits which is a fruit juice factory and distillery. You get about 5 different shots of free alcohol and also has a great gift shop!

Near Future
reviews: 12
10. Re: Favourite excusion/activity in Moorea?

We liked ATV Moorea's longer tour. Their office is located near the Intercontinental. We also enjoyed Hiro's ray feeding, snorkeling and motu picnic (awesome grilled tuna). Our #1 snorkel adventure is at the Lagoonarium which is in the lagoon off a small motu in Moorea. It is not a fenced in type Lagoonarium like the one in Bora Bora. This is natural and some of the best coral I've seen anywhere. Huge coral heads as large as cars, many colors and sealife everywhere including resident moray eels. There is a mother and father moray eel that are so used to the man who runs the Lagoonarium he hugs and kisses them. They seem to love him. They had a baby moray eel and it is now quite big. It's been getting used to him too and comes out to say high so you can get great photos. All the sealife there are friendly and see humans as buddies. Sharks, sting ray, Titan Triggerfish and many other tropical fish abound there. It is paradise. Had friends that went on many tours in Bora Bora that said nothing beats Moorea's Lagoonarium. They have a system of ropes you can travel along in the lagoon which makes it easier for those not as comfortable in swifter current. This place has very good current coming in from one side hence the reason there's a vast selection of great coral and animals. It's best to rent a car for the day and go there in the morning and stay all day. Bring some snacks (he has a frig). Make sure you have water shoes or flippers. They have cute little huts and you get one for the day to hang out and rest. The best value excursion in FP in my opinion. He will pick you up by boat from the main island at certain times per day and return. There is parking. Nearby is a grocery store we stopped at before returning to the resort.

Edited: 1:44 pm, October 21, 2013
Reply to: Favourite excusion/activity in Moorea?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted