We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation from ferry

burlington, ont
reviews: 1
transportation from ferry

I am travelling alone with two suitcases and taking the ferry from Papeete to Moorea. I will be staying at Les Tipaniers. I have read here that you can take one of the busses but that they are not necessarily there. Is it a problem getting one? Are there taxis there? I know that taxis are very expensive and the Hotel is quite a ways from the ferry dock. Has anyone done this lately? Any suggestions?

Washington/ Moorea
Destination Expert
for Papeete, French Polynesia
reviews: 72
1. Re: transportation from ferry

Contact Albert's at alberttransport@mail.pf for ttransportation to your hotel.

Gulf Coast, Texas
reviews: 3
2. Re: transportation from ferry

Here's a second for Alberts. Quick, friendly and painless. Gave us a discount on a rental car, and a car is the way to do Moorea (at least for a couple of days) in my opinion.

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
reviews: 12
3. Re: transportation from ferry

Yes Alberts would be the people to call! The bus is not johnny on the spot...it's nice to have someone waiting to take you when you get off the ferry as there is nothing around and a taxi is wayyyyyyy too expensive. Or you could always email the hotel and ask them to make you a reservation for transfers and charge you for it.

sunny regards,

shully

4. Re: transportation from ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:27 am, August 12, 2009