We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable place with great views

Which Moorea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 1
Affordable place with great views

We would love to stay at a nice place with beautiful views and access to swim or snorkel without breaking the bank. We are considering Robinson Cove Green Lodge or Taoahere. Any advice is really appreciated as it is our first visit to these beautiful islands Also if we decide to book somewhere like the Soffitel are you better booking online or through TA. It seems hard to book hotel only with a TA thanks

Toronto, Ontario
reviews: 11
1. Re: Affordable place with great views

If you are looking for a more affordable option in Moorea, I highly recommend Moorea Fare Miti. It is a family run pension on the west/north-west coast of Moorea. It is not fancy, but it is very clean and has an incredible beach with a motu just off the coast (you can walk to the motu from the beach through the water). You don't really have a mountain view, but that is mostly because you are directly on the beach which can be a nice feature. The sunsets are gorgeous - a benefit to facing west! There is snorkelling right off the beach. The pension has 8-10 bungalows, all with kitchenettes (also a good way to save some money as restaurants can be quite expensive) and nice front porches (covered), but there is no air conditioning or TV. We stayed for 2 nights last Feb and are going back for 4 nights this coming January as we loved it so much. We never had a problem with the lack of air conditioning. We just left the windows open - note there are no screens in the windows, but there are nets over the beds. Please have a look at the reviews and photos of this place on TripAdvisor (I posted one) as there are a bunch. It's great if you are not too fussy and are looking for simple accommodations in Moorea with amazing sunsets and an excellent beach.

You have to email Celine (the owner) to book, she asks for a deposit via Western Union. We have done it twice now with no issues.

Moorea is amazing, you will love it! There are a bunch of people on this board who have stayed there before so if you have any questions just ask.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Moorea
reviews: 60
2. Re: Affordable place with great views

Ia orana

2 options come to mind straight away:

1/ in Opunohu Bay the Fare Hamara.

2/ on Atiha BAy ( Southwest) Fare Arana.

A Google Search for both name will yield most information.

meherio

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Moorea
reviews: 60
3. Re: Affordable place with great views

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g309685-d506738…

Temecula, CA
Destination Expert
for Temecula
reviews: 16
4. Re: Affordable place with great views

In our experience booking the Sofitel through a TA (Costco in our case) delivered a far better price with perks than trying to book through the Sofitel directly. The Sofitel website did not provide a free breakfast with the room price - our TA did. Also, our TA was able to secure better transfer prices to/from airport/ferry to/from Sofitel than what the Sofitel was charging.

We were able to book rooms only using Costco without issues. We used miles to get to/from FP via AA - so we only needed rooms and transfers.

Edited: 11:50 am, November 01, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
5. Re: Affordable place with great views

Thank you guys so much for your advice. Fare Hamara is booked so I was trying to find something similar. I will definately give Costco a try. Do you have to be a member just to get a quote. Moorea looks so beautiful really excited about the trip.

Temecula, CA
Destination Expert
for Temecula
reviews: 16
6. Re: Affordable place with great views

Hurdygurdy - yes, you do have to be a member to get a quote.

Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
reviews: 24
7. Re: Affordable place with great views

I have photos of Moorea Fare Miti I can share -- send me a PM with your email address if you are interested. I can highly recommend this affordable family pension with awesome sunset views on a sandy white beach, within walking distance to shops and restaurants!

Kona
reviews: 35
8. Re: Affordable place with great views

There are a number of great family-operated pensions on all Tahiti's major islands, from very upscale to very budget and everything in between. A great website with pension information is:

http://www.haere-mai.pf

It's in French, so unless you speak the language you'll need to click the British flag on the left column to get the English translations.

Haere Mai is an association of almost 200 pensions in the windward and leeward Society Islands and the Tuamotu, Austral and Marquesas archipelagos.

Support the local communities and have a much more meaningful experience by staying in a pension that has the location and ambiance you are looking for. You'll end up feeling almost like part of the family - a world away from the artificial experience of a large resort hotel.

Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
reviews: 24
9. Re: Affordable place with great views

Hurdy gurdy -- I answered your PM -- check your email.

Atlanta, Georgia
10. Re: Affordable place with great views

thank you for the great info Barbi on Fare Miti. It's so hard to decide Can anyone tell me which side of the island has the prettiest views?

Is Opunohu Bay nice or is it better to stay aound Les Tipaniers where the water is bluer. Or perhaps in the area by Soffitel. Thank you for any input it seems impossible to pick from so many great choices. We would love to stay where there is pretty water. Love any info