We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a spa on Moorea

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 21
Looking for a spa on Moorea

My fiance and I are going to Moorea for our honeymoon, and I'm looking into going to a spa for a massage or something like that. I'm not a spa person (I've had a massage twice in my life), but it sounds like fun and after the wedding I'm sure a relaxing massage will be nice. Does anyone have suggestions of a spa that is not too expensive and/or really great? Links to any websites would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Laura

Las Vegas, NV
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Moorea
reviews: 5
1. Re: Looking for a spa on Moorea

Pretty sure it's available at the Hilton, the Intercontinental, and the Pearl. Prices run around $70-90 for around 10-12 minutes.

Las Vegas, NV
Destination Expert
reviews: 5
2. Re: Looking for a spa on Moorea

Oops...sorry...that is the answer to parasailing not the spa. Not sure how the heck I put it in the wrong place. :-(

NJ / NY
3. Re: Looking for a spa on Moorea

We didn't get to go there, but the Helene spa at the Intercontinental is supposed to be very nice. helenespa.com/sites/en/The_Authentic_Tahitia…

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
reviews: 85
4. Re: Looking for a spa on Moorea

We had treatments at the Hilton spa (it was Sheraton then) and really enjoyed them. It's a very nice facility. However, be prepared for sticker shock. I live in the NYC area, so I am used to high spa prices. But wow, was I in for a surprise in Moorea.

Toowoomba, Australia
reviews: 32
5. Re: Looking for a spa on Moorea

Hi Laura, I'm going in 10 days & staying at the Sofitel Moorea. If you haven't left before I get back mid-May I'll post what I know when I return.

Kind regards,

Jacqui

Chicago, IL
6. Re: Looking for a spa on Moorea

mariposita_pdx -

Try the Moorea Pearl's Spa Manea Spa. I had a great spa treatment there with massage, wrap, followed by a jacuzzi treatment with tiare flowers. It was amazing and so relaxing. The staff was so kind and I left feeling really refreshed, especially after a long flight. Here's the link to their website:

http://www.maneaspa.com/moz_desc.asp

I've also been to the Hilton Moorea's spa too, but I was not impressed. The staff seemed like they were on auto pilot.

If you do a spa treatment, I would reserve in advance, especially if you are interested in a specific time of day. The spas are relatively small and tend to fill up in advance.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
reviews: 61
7. Re: Looking for a spa on Moorea

Ia orana

For Moorea the Manea Spa is my Spa of choice

The Sofitel also offers a very Zen like Spa area with some of the massage rooms looking at the beach and Tahiti.

Helene Spa at the Intercontinental resort also offers some different styule and flavours for a Spa treatment

There is a tour of the island to be put together visiting each spa.... How zen would that be?

Meherio

8. Re: Looking for a spa on Moorea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, October 20, 2009