We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Strange question but maybe somebody knows...

new york
reviews: 5
Strange question but maybe somebody knows...

I was looking into going to Moorea soon and I came upon this video by "egasel" advertising the Intercontinental Resort on the main Moorea page under "See Moorea". Besides Moorea looking absolutely fascinating, I love the song that is playing on the video. Does anyone recognize this song, the artist or song title? That song makes me want to go there even more now!! So relaxing! so if anyone knows the song, please inform me, thanks!

Seattle, WA. USA
reviews: 2
1. Re: Strange question but maybe somebody knows...

Well, kind of sounds like Deep Forest to me, but I have most of their albums and am not familiar with that tune. I'd suggested sending the poster (egasel) a private message. Maybe he/she knows.

In any event if you really like the tune you may want to check out Deep Forest regardless of whether or not they are the artists on that particular piece. My favorite album of theirs is probably "Comparsa". Wherever they travel around the world they gather music from local artist to encorporate in their music. The lead singer on "Noonday Sun" ( you can hear it here: http://www.deepforestmusic.com/df03.htm) is woman who was 100 (believe or not) when the song was recorded and died during the period in which the album was being recorded. Man, it's incredible a person that old could have the energy to sing like that (listen to the piece and you'll see what I mean). Who knows, maybe that's what killed her, but if so she went out with a bang!

Ken

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Moorea
reviews: 61
2. Re: Strange question but maybe somebody knows...

Ia orana

on the video in question, the music played is part of the IC music compillation available at the hotel.

tripadvisor.com/ProfileGallery-i15747102.html

here is the album:

http://amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_m/102-5372674-8491329?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=moana+lounge

This was a limited edition...

Good luck locating a copy

meherio

Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
reviews: 23
3. Re: Strange question but maybe somebody knows...

dolcenotte,

If the song you are looking for is on the limited edition Intercontintental CD of Tahitian music, I have the 2-CD set and can get the song for you in mp3 format. Email me at BarbiJKM@aol.com.

Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
4. Re: Strange question but maybe somebody knows...

On the "Moana Lounge" CD called "Polynesian Vibes" (Disk 1) put out by the Intercontinental, the song is called "Black Pearl" by Pacific Islands. It is Track 7 on the CD, and runs 6 minutes and 29 seconds.

Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
5. Re: Strange question but maybe somebody knows...

Yikes, that person selling it on Amazon wants $99.99 for the Moana Lounge CDs! Send me an email and I'll email you the song for free!

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Moorea
reviews: 61
6. Re: Strange question but maybe somebody knows...

Ia orana

Great show Barbi!

Glad to seee the similar taste in tahitian music

meherio

new york
7. Re: Strange question but maybe somebody knows...

wow, thank you so much everybody for replying so quickly! Barbi, I would so appreciate it if you sent me that song! i'll send you an email, thanks so much! Does the whole 2 cd set sound like that? it's incredible..

Lord, thank you for the tip about deep forest, a friend of mine also told me about them, i have to check it out.

I also love enigma, delerium, enya, and amethystium. while trying to search for that song on amazon, i came across another amazing artist called Bliss, check it out! One more thing, what exactly do we call this music? world music, easy listening, new age??

Any other great world music fitting for French Polynesia? I want to get in the mood lol. i am actually going to punta cana, dominican republic in july, and it cant come soon enough...but am looking into island hopping to tahiti, moorea, and bora bora in the next couple of years when i get engaged and married to my boyfriend =)

Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
8. Re: Strange question but maybe somebody knows...

dolcenotte,

Check your email -- you've got music! Email me your snail mail address so I can send you a CD.

ScubaGalOmaha,

I got your message through TA and tried to email you, but the address bounced. Send me another email so I can send you the song.

new york
9. Re: Strange question but maybe somebody knows...

lord, thanks so much for the recommendations to get Deep Forest, I love their first 3 cds, deep forest, boheme, and comparsa! I dont think the others are as good as these first 3, at least that is what i hear, but tell me if any others are really good!

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
reviews: 10
10. Re: Strange question but maybe somebody knows...

Barbi can you please email that song to me also?

Warmest Bo